Fantasy Face-Off: Goldstein vs Broughton

Started by Mr.Craig, February 22, 2013, 06:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will average more?

Goldstein
Broughton

Mr.Craig

I'm sure some of you have noticed that if you have Goldstein in the rucks and Cox in the forward you could swap Cox to the ruck and pick Broughton in the forwards for almost the same price.

Which begs the question - who do you think will average the most out of Goldstein and Broughton in 2013?

elephants

Not a huge fan of either to be honest but if I had to choose I would be going Gregory!

Artax

+1

I am on the Gregory train again this season.

Can't wait for the ride!

Jukes

Goldy easily.

Can't see Broughton going 90+ for the same reason Ablett won't go 115+. Too much talent and development in that suns side, concentrated on their midfield. Will probs still get about 88 and make you a bit of cash but not worth it imo.

Goldy meanwhile will go 90+ assuming he's over his injury troubles, should go 95+ again imo.

Holz

I have gone both, but as Jukes has said i think goldy is the better pick. Just with goldy you need to make sure the Roos changed game style isnt hurting him and for brougton you need to monitor the role.

Adamant

Broughts for me. I reckon he'll push 90ish at the Suns.

Bones Bombers

At this point I'm willing to give the ruckman a go, possibly 95-100 avg.
Broughton's best season so far was an 89 avg but he only played 15 games.When he did play 21 games he averaged 85. Goldy's best seson was a 99 avg and he played 21 games. If both fit I'll have Goldy.
This could change at any point before rd1 though!

owenbond007

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2013, 06:45:26 PM
Not a huge fan of either to be honest but if I had to choose I would be going Gregory!

I'm here atm. Honestly both would have to kill it massively in the NAB for me to consider. I'd love to have a vote but i cant split em

nrich102

Jimbo_11

Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
Goldy easily.

Can't see Broughton going 90+ for the same reason Ablett won't go 115+. Too much talent and development in that suns side, concentrated on their midfield. Will probs still get about 88 and make you a bit of cash but not worth it imo.

Goldy meanwhile will go 90+ assuming he's over his injury troubles, should go 95+ again imo.

i think that argument for ablett and broughton not scoring well is flawed
swan and heater do it, playing similar roles for collingwood and i know the suns dont play the same high possession game as them but i dont see why ablett or broughtons scoring would be affected by those around them getting better

nrich102

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on February 23, 2013, 10:15:57 AM
Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
Goldy easily.

i think that argument for ablett and broughton not scoring well is flawed
swan and heater do it, playing similar roles for collingwood and i know the suns dont play the same high possession game as them but i dont see why ablett or broughtons scoring would be affected by those around them getting better
Is 75 good? But I do think that Broughton and Ablett wont kill each other

Ziplock

Artax

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 23, 2013, 01:02:29 PM
yeah, goldy was amazing last night....

wait for a full game, I didnt watch it but im sure they intentionally were giving daw and currie a go.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Holzman on February 23, 2013, 02:57:10 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 23, 2013, 01:02:29 PM
yeah, goldy was amazing last night....

wait for a full game, I didnt watch it but im sure they intentionally were giving daw and currie a go.
True but from what I saw he was number 1 ruck in the first game with Daw f/r and didn't get a single possession. Currie only played game 2 which Goldy sat out