Ruckman

Started by chaosAD, February 22, 2013, 04:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please pick your two starting Rucks at present, not sure who will be the highest scorer this year!

Cox
NicNat
Burger
Sandi
Goldy
Hmac
Griffin freo
Giles gws
Jacobs
Kruzer
Maric
Max Bailey
Others please specify
Mummy
Roughhead
Mcevoy
Bellchambers
P Ryder

Jukes

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 06:22:43 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 06:10:52 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 05:49:12 PM
Not sure where or what youve been reading Jukes from the the horses mouth (Cox) "i will play in the next Nab Cup match rnd 2" thats good enough for me mate compared to what you just came up with, do you make this stuff up or do you genuinely believe what you post. As far as i know Cox doesnt run on his hands so all the fitness work apart from a couple of days has been completed. He is a veteran in the ruck and a couple of weeks of missed ruckwork wont harm him one bit, its not like he'll forget how to ruck.

Where'd you get that info?
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/02/05/dean-cox-in-finger-surgery/
I'm just feeding off old news

Anyway, he's too old and won't go 100+ imo, will drop cash and imo won't be top ruck, can find much better value below in Goldy.

He was interviewed while sitting on the bench during West Coast's rnd 1 NAB games, many that had access to the games would of seen it. As far as to old goes he hasnt missed a game in a few years and personally i cant see him droping off over night like you suggest, just cant see it. I think starting without Cox either in your Fwd line or in the ruck is a mistake tbh but that is entirely an opinion, depending on ones structure and other player choices it may well not be a mistake but for mine id be silly not to start him.

ahh yeah that's why I missed it, was at the soccer that night :P

From my forward and ruck premos atm, I reckon Zorko, Rocky and Robbo will outscore Cox, Goldy and Cloke should come to within a few points of him but are very cheap, and Nicky Voldt is just in there to gain some early cash before upgrading to Stevie J.

Grazz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 22, 2013, 06:14:57 PM
not sure on my #1 ruck, # 2 is Burger, Cox will be fwd , O'Hailpin on the bench with Daw.

Sandi would have been me if the giant spudilands could stop getting injured, glad he did it now, how quickly we forget the season before.

I am liking Maric, but looking seriously at mummy or Hmac too, but both of those carry significant injury risk also.

may play it safe with maric, mcevoy or jacobs as #1 this season.

Jacobs would be the only other id look at instead of Maric, very durable. Mummy has had pre season issues and Hmac has required another look at last years injury by the surgeons so not on my list of possibles. McEvoy could be worth a look havent heard anything detrimental to his pre season. I think Goldy has only gained the faith of many because of his price and the ability for coaches to use the cash saved elsewhere, im not in anyway convinced that saving 42k over a very reliable and durable Jacobs isnt worth the extra cash as that 42k will alomost gaurantee the points most are only hoping for from Goldy. I understand we have 44 trades but surely our main focus should be making money as fast as possible by offloading players with high BE's for those with low BE's who will give a similar amount of points rather than sideways trading. I may well be wrong with Goldy but i just dont see him being the point value that alot do, again only my opinion. If you believe then follow your gut is what suggest as thats easier to swallow than someone talking you out of something that ended up being worthwhile. Follow your gut always.

Grazz

Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 06:22:43 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 06:10:52 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 05:49:12 PM
Not sure where or what youve been reading Jukes from the the horses mouth (Cox) "i will play in the next Nab Cup match rnd 2" thats good enough for me mate compared to what you just came up with, do you make this stuff up or do you genuinely believe what you post. As far as i know Cox doesnt run on his hands so all the fitness work apart from a couple of days has been completed. He is a veteran in the ruck and a couple of weeks of missed ruckwork wont harm him one bit, its not like he'll forget how to ruck.

Where'd you get that info?
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/02/05/dean-cox-in-finger-surgery/
I'm just feeding off old news

Anyway, he's too old and won't go 100+ imo, will drop cash and imo won't be top ruck, can find much better value below in Goldy.

He was interviewed while sitting on the bench during West Coast's rnd 1 NAB games, many that had access to the games would of seen it. As far as to old goes he hasnt missed a game in a few years and personally i cant see him droping off over night like you suggest, just cant see it. I think starting without Cox either in your Fwd line or in the ruck is a mistake tbh but that is entirely an opinion, depending on ones structure and other player choices it may well not be a mistake but for mine id be silly not to start him.

ahh yeah that's why I missed it, was at the soccer that night :P

From my forward and ruck premos atm, I reckon Zorko, Rocky and Robbo will outscore Cox, Goldy and Cloke should come to within a few points of him but are very cheap, and Nicky Voldt is just in there to gain some early cash before upgrading to Stevie J.

I replaced Cox's transfer from the Fwd line with Zorko mate so that should cheer you up. Have Robo and Rocky already and tbh im a little gun shy with Cloke after last year so will steer clear from the start but if he returns to the form of old being as cheap as he is it shouldnt be to difficult to get at him at a slightly elevated price than what he started at. I like to start with guys that i have alot of confidence in for value for many. Im very much a guns/rookies type coach always have been but im not adverse to a mid pricer i have confidence in rewarding me with points and therefor cash but i am always reluctant to use to many of them at the start.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 22, 2013, 06:14:57 PM
not sure on my #1 ruck, # 2 is Burger, Cox will be fwd , O'Hailpin on the bench with Daw.

Sandi would have been me if the giant spudilands could stop getting injured, glad he did it now, how quickly we forget the season before.

I am liking Maric, but looking seriously at mummy or Hmac too, but both of those carry significant injury risk also.

may play it safe with maric, mcevoy or jacobs as #1 this season.

I am sure now, Maric will be my #1 ruckman.

tbagrocks

McEvoy could still prove to be a good unique choice?

Two words

Smith ... Jenkins ...  :-X

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 24, 2013, 02:50:19 AM
McEvoy could still prove to be a good unique choice?

Two words

Smith ... Jenkins ...  :-X

Shhh.

Hagebear

Roughy and Burger for me.

blues boy

Who would you rather Ivan or Roughy??

GM

If you can afford him the Mullet for me.

dillez

GM

Quote from: dillez on February 24, 2013, 01:12:10 PM
Thoughts on hmac?
Playing 23 games is a huge worry for me.

Grazz

Quote from: dillez on February 24, 2013, 01:12:10 PM
Thoughts on hmac?

Already a pre season cloud with a visit from the doctors looking at last seasons injury. id be looking elsewhere tbh.

nostradamus

l'm considering Griffin

dillez

Looks like rucks are gonna be a headache this year, I wanna just rely on cox but I can see his numbers only going down hill, atm it's probably gonna be for me Maric/goldy, burger with maybe cox up front....

Grazz

Quote from: dillez on February 24, 2013, 01:31:01 PM
Looks like rucks are gonna be a headache this year, I wanna just rely on cox but I can see his numbers only going down hill, atm it's probably gonna be for me Maric/goldy, burger with maybe cox up front....

Cox will be fine have no fear, was good last year with Nic Nat and a roll change and should start with a bang with no Nic Nat early and an under done one when he does get back in. Of all my concerns Cox is the least of them.