Ruckman

Started by chaosAD, February 22, 2013, 04:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please pick your two starting Rucks at present, not sure who will be the highest scorer this year!

Cox
NicNat
Burger
Sandi
Goldy
Hmac
Griffin freo
Giles gws
Jacobs
Kruzer
Maric
Max Bailey
Others please specify
Mummy
Roughhead
Mcevoy
Bellchambers
P Ryder

chaosAD

You can only pick two starting rucks from the list

owenbond007

lol I have 4 mcevoy roughie cox lue, mcevoy won't be there for long 2-4 weeks unless something untowards happens to cox or roughie

GM

McEvoy & Berger.
Cox up front.

T Dog

Mr.Craig

Griffin GWS? ???

I think perhaps you mean Giles.

Matt_352

no love for bellchambers ???

Grazz

Since Sandi blew his hammy ive had nightmares about the Rucks and a repeat of last years woes. This made me go back and revisit my team which i havent touched for awhile now and have turfed both Sandi and Luey and pushed Cox into the ruck from the Fwd line and taken on Maric. as R2. Replaced Cox with Zorko for now but could make Zorks anyone by rnd 1. It looks good having Maric and Cox sitting there and warm comfortable feeling envelopes me seeing them there. Cant say hand on heart that this is how my side will line up Rnd 1 if Luey comes and and posts a couple of decent sores in the meantime but i feel this ruck combo without knowing what Luey is capable of in 2013 has the majority of other ruck combinations covered and should see a significant points advantage because of it early days from it.

Andrew

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 05:02:59 PM
Since Sandi blew his hammy ive had nightmares about the Rucks and a repeat of last years woes. This made me go back and revisit my team which i havent touched for awhile now and have turfed both Sandi and Luey and pushed Cox into the ruck from the Fwd line and taken on Maric. as R2. Replaced Cox with Zorko for now but could make Zorks anyone by rnd 1. It looks good having Maric and Cox sitting there and warm comfortable feeling envelopes me seeing them there. Cant say hand on heart that this is how my side will line up Rnd 1 if Luey comes and and posts a couple of decent sores in the meantime but i feel this ruck combo without knowing what Luey is capable of in 2013 has the majority of other ruck combinations covered and should see a significant points advantage because of it early days from it.

I'm not sure if Maric's lingering groin problems have gone away... Cox in the rucks is definitely a safe bet and I think Leuenberger is cheap enough to risk (but yes he still is a risk).

Jukes

Quote from: Andrew on February 22, 2013, 05:09:00 PM

I'm not sure if Maric's lingering groin problems have gone away... Cox in the rucks is definitely a safe bet and I think Leuenberger is cheap enough to risk (but yes he still is a risk).

Cox is far from a safe bet hahaha

His severe finger dislocation has put him out of doing full ruckwork in training for a while (ie has only been able to ruck with his non-preferred hand and limited contact) and will miss probably their next NAB cup game in addition to their first round. Will go into the season underdone and, with naitanui out, will be looking at more +1s but next to no +12s/+9s.

Will start slowly and miss games if he reinjures his finger, which seems a pretty good chance seeing as he relies on his hands so much. Not for me- even if he is 100% fit and firing and he doesn't reinjure will still probably drop average with age.

wvogue

Thoughts on Vardy anyone???????

Grazz

Not sure where or what youve been reading Jukes from the the horses mouth (Cox) "i will play in the next Nab Cup match rnd 2" thats good enough for me mate compared to what you just came up with, do you make this stuff up or do you genuinely believe what you post. As far as i know Cox doesnt run on his hands so all the fitness work apart from a couple of days has been completed. He is a veteran in the ruck and a couple of weeks of missed ruckwork wont harm him one bit, its not like he'll forget how to ruck.

Quote from: Andrew on February 22, 2013, 05:09:00 PM

This is well and truely in the back of mind mate, one would think he should be ok for a fair chunk of the 1st half of the year atleast. With 44 trades he should also be a straight swap to anyone should he have any recurring issues. As i said earlier im not locked into this R2 set up but can see a few advantages coming from it. One is a points advantage, Two is im free to concentrate on improving other positions as with a bit of luck the rucks are locked where as i dont see Goldy and Luey being a locked combo in all honesty.

Jukes

Quote from: wvogue on February 22, 2013, 05:44:11 PM
Thoughts on Vardy anyone???????

He's well behind HamMac and West, and then there's blokes like Simpson who could also steal some game time.

Pass, very shower js.

Jukes

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 05:49:12 PM
Not sure where or what youve been reading Jukes from the the horses mouth (Cox) "i will play in the next Nab Cup match rnd 2" thats good enough for me mate compared to what you just came up with, do you make this stuff up or do you genuinely believe what you post. As far as i know Cox doesnt run on his hands so all the fitness work apart from a couple of days has been completed. He is a veteran in the ruck and a couple of weeks of missed ruckwork wont harm him one bit, its not like he'll forget how to ruck.

Where'd you get that info?
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/02/05/dean-cox-in-finger-surgery/
I'm just feeding off old news

Anyway, he's too old and won't go 100+ imo, will drop cash and imo won't be top ruck, can find much better value below in Goldy.

Colliwobblers

not sure on my #1 ruck, # 2 is Burger, Cox will be fwd , O'Hailpin on the bench with Daw.

Sandi would have been me if the giant spudilands could stop getting injured, glad he did it now, how quickly we forget the season before.

I am liking Maric, but looking seriously at mummy or Hmac too, but both of those carry significant injury risk also.

may play it safe with maric, mcevoy or jacobs as #1 this season.

Grazz

Quote from: Jukes on February 22, 2013, 06:10:52 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 05:49:12 PM

Where'd you get that info?
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/02/05/dean-cox-in-finger-surgery/
I'm just feeding off old news

Anyway, he's too old and won't go 100+ imo, will drop cash and imo won't be top ruck, can find much better value below in Goldy.

He was interviewed while sitting on the bench during West Coast's rnd 1 NAB games, many that had access to the games would of seen it. As far as to old goes he hasnt missed a game in a few years and personally i cant see him droping off over night like you suggest, just cant see it. I think starting without Cox either in your Fwd line or in the ruck is a mistake tbh but that is entirely an opinion, depending on ones structure and other player choices it may well not be a mistake but for mine id be silly not to start him.