Started by Vincent, February 22, 2013, 04:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which one?

Oli Wines
Koby Stevens

Vincent

tbagrocks

Seriously considering the talented Stevens

Should both be named round one then lock, high price though, Stevens would have to be your midpricer, but he's as old as Libba and Wallis so...

lozza63

Koby seems to have been in the system for ages - but it's really hard to get a decent gauge on him - the Dogs mids - Boyd, Cooney, Griffen, Libba, Wallis, Picken and Lower, on paper, seem to present Stevens with more competition than Boak, Ebert, Cassisi, Broadbent, Thomas and Kornes.
Based on the fact that i've liked what i've seen from Ollie in the NAB, and that i'm yet to see Koby - Ollie atm.

quinny88

Haven't seen anything from Stevens to suggest he's even any good.
People seem to like him based on his age and body size but can he actually play? I've never seen him play.

Wines a high draft pick and a big ready frame for afl should have an impact from the start and you know they are going to play him from round 1.

fever

ubeaut

How does he (Stevens) fit with Boyd,Cross,Cooney,Griffen,Picken,Wallis,Libba,Johanison,Tutt, and the likes of Daulhaus and Higgins? Guess we'll see round 1.

meow meow

Quote from: ubeaut on February 22, 2013, 07:38:36 PM
How does he (Stevens) fit with Boyd,Cross,Cooney,Griffen,Picken,Wallis,Libba,Johanison,Tutt, and the likes of Daulhaus and Higgins? Guess we'll see round 1.

You won't see Stevens in the round 1 team unless we get about 5 injuries.

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 22, 2013, 12:13:59 PM
Haven't seen anything from Stevens to suggest he's even any good.
People seem to like him based on his age and body size but can he actually play? I've never seen him play.

Wines a high draft pick and a big ready frame for afl should have an impact from the start and you know they are going to play him from round 1.

Same can be said about Wines.

Stevens was a pretty high draft pick at West Coast and just struggled to break into a super strong team. Absolutely racked up the ball in the WAFL. An article below straight after the trade happened. If Stevens plays, I am going with Stevens

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/department-of-trades/koby-stevens-the-ideal-recruit-for-the-western-bulldogs/story-fn69a32t-1226502413962