Main Menu

Sack the idiot, the culture is wrong

Started by tbagrocks, February 22, 2013, 12:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

We in SA certainly had times over the weekend where footy was being played and there was no footy on free to air. I can remember it because i was terribly flowered off by it. It happened. >:(

By all reports NSW and Queensland did have a major improvement in games going free to air but in all honesty this was something that always should have happened as footy fans in these states were poorly treated to say the least.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 07:14:06 PM
We in SA certainly had times over the weekend where footy was being played and there was no footy on free to air. I can remember it because i was terribly flowered off by it. It happened. >:(

By all reports NSW and Queensland did have a major improvement in games going free to air but in all honesty this was something that always should have happened as footy fans in these states were poorly treated to say the least.

no state has the NAB CUP on free to air tv, it is exclusive to foxtel, and understandably as the audience would not justify the commercial networks broadcasting it at primetime on friday saturday and sunday nights.

so even if it was not exclusive to foxtel no commercial tv station would have broadcast it at that time, unless they wanted to losr ratings and advertising revenue as a result.

Ziplock

only time we had no footy on when a game was being played, was if the game we were just watching had finished (like, if it started half an hour before another game, then they wont show you the other one at 3/4 time or w.e)

Grazz

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 22, 2013, 07:27:20 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 07:14:06 PM

no state has the NAB CUP on free to air tv, it is exclusive to foxtel, and understandably as the audience would not justify the commercial networks broadcasting it at primetime on friday saturday and sunday nights.

so even if it was not exclusive to foxtel no commercial tv station would have broadcast it at that time, unless they wanted to losr ratings and advertising revenue as a result.

Although what you say is probably true colli regarding the NAB Cup i dont see a reason why it couldnt be shown on one of the lesser 7 chanels such as 7TWO or 7MATE at a delayed timeslot if they wished.

The games im speaking of that we missed in SA werent NAB games they were minor round games.

Justin Bieber

The Nab cup was on TV a few years ago right? But hasn't been in a while? So why complain a few years late?

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock link=topic=72568.msg 999258#msg 999258 date=1361521912
only time we had no footy on when a game was being played, was if the game we were just watching had finished (like, if it started half an hour before another game, then they wont show you the other one at 3/4 time or w.e)

I'm glad NSW and Queensland got a lot more free to air games Zip, you fans in those states were poorly treated specially up in Queensland.

For the first time ever i can remember even going back to the VFL days here in SA we had afternoons on the weekend where no footy was live into SA because Foxtel had those games. I was very dirty about this hence i remember it.

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez on February 22, 2013, 07:35:06 PM
The Nab cup was on TV a few years ago right? But hasn't been in a while? So why complain a few years late?

Im complaining about minor round games and afternoons with no live footy Dopey.

tbagrocks

Yeah because shows like Garor boys, Operation repo and Swamp people would just have hhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggeeeeee ratings ::)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 07:42:17 PM

I'm talking about tbag.

Ziplock

tbagrocks

We only found out last february it was not going to be on, that's one year!

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 22, 2013, 07:56:17 PM
We only found out last february it was not going to be on, that's one year!

Good point. ;)

Quote from: whatlez on February 22, 2013, 07:54:25 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 07:42:17 PM

I'm talking about tbag.

Appologies Lez. Wasnt clear.

henry

Quote from: Ziplock on February 22, 2013, 07:55:06 PM
NAB final was aired last year :P
I thought we could see it this year too? I hope we can, it's a nice warm up for round 1

Grazz

Quote from: henry on February 22, 2013, 08:09:42 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 22, 2013, 07:55:06 PM
NAB final was aired last year :P
I thought we could see it this year too? I hope we can, it's a nice warm up for round 1

The final is still free to air mate.  :)