Main Menu

Sack the idiot, the culture is wrong

Started by tbagrocks, February 22, 2013, 12:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Jeff Kennett saying Demetriou should be sacked and the culture is wrong :) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) ;)

Spot on Jeff! ;)

quinny88

Has to go. Too much egg on his face in the past couple of years for him to win back my faith

Grazz

He should go, all that's wrong with the AFL today has come about under his watch. Personally don't think he was ever up to it.

Ringo

In most organisations the buck stops with the CEO.  We have seen over the last few years a number of toxic issues that were swept aside when raised and now they are really biting at the reputation of the AFL with fans so as CEO is must be held accountable for not acting sooner.  The 3 strikes policy is one of the silliest decisions ever made and that to me and they way it was implemented and handled says Dmetriou was not up to the task.  Where else do you get three chances without real punishment for breaking the law.

T Dog

His "successes" have been selling the broadcasting rights and generating buckets of cash. Depending on what is valued more by the commission in the end. Cash or the game. :-\

Justin Bieber

He carries the AFL. If we had a spud like David Gallop in charge. We would probably be suffering more than the NRL

tbagrocks

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez on February 22, 2013, 01:00:53 PM
He carries the AFL. If we had a spud like David Gallop in charge. We would probably be suffering more than the NRL

He's carried the AFL into the sewer Lez thats all he's carried. He's sold out the average footy fan for the almighty dollar to gain a big TV rights deal but now theres no NAB on TV less free to air football due to Foxtell. Some will see the TV deal as a good thing but i think the damage being done over the drug fiasco and no AFL product to watch free to air while all this blew up will have a damaging affect long term. Not surprised at all that the overwhelming majority want him out and the minority is so small it hardly matters.

Colliwobblers

credit to him or to the afl admin in general but that game has taken a few significant steps forward over the past years.

but time to go, for sure,

it has also taken a few backwards, it showers on the NRL however, in fact it showers on every sports league in Australia.

elephants

Is it wrong that I really like his voice on brownlow night? Other than that he's a fat douche.

Maybe we can sign him on a lucrative contract for $20 a week and all  he has to do is call out the names for the brownlow? ;)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

He's carried the AFL into the sewer Lez thats all he's carried. He's sold out the average footy fan for the almighty dollar to gain a big TV rights deal but now theres no NAB on TV less free to air football due to Foxtell. Some will see the TV deal as a good thing but i think the damage being done over the drug fiasco and no AFL product to watch free to air while all this blew up will have a damaging affect long term. Not surprised at all that the overwhelming majority want him out and the minority is so small it hardly matters.

i thought there more games on free to air in 2012 then there were in 2011?

and least there are 4 live games a week on free to air now

i'm not sticking up for him but i don't think there are fewer games on free to air then what there used to be

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2013, 06:22:16 PM
Is it wrong that I really like his voice on brownlow night? Other than that he's a fat douche.

Maybe we can sign him on a lucrative contract for $20 a week and all  he has to do is call out the names for the brownlow? ;)

would rather have a hot chick who is topless doing it lol

Colliwobblers

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 22, 2013, 06:22:55 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

i thought there more games on free to air in 2012 then there were in 2011?

and least there are 4 live games a week on free to air now

i'm not sticking up for him but i don't think there are fewer games on free to air then what there used to be

this is Tbags biggest complaint but I agree as an interstate viewer (QLD) we have never had so many games on free to air tv since the new broadcast deal it was a ripper, for the viewers for the league for the $$$$$

i still have fox, but i support free sport for everyone.

maybe in VIC or SA there are less FTA TV games but there are certainly 4 times as many in QLD now as in previous seasons.

Free To Air TV is not free anyway - that is a misnomer, the advertisers pay for it instead of us by subscription, and they build the advertising costs into everything we buy from them on a day to day basic.

when woolworths advertise during hte footy on free to air tv you are paying to watch that footy game every time you do your groceries :)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 22, 2013, 06:24:21 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2013, 06:22:16 PM

would rather have a hot chick who is topless doing it lol

now we're talkin'

tbagrocks

Actually I really was disapointed in the Brownlow night, and not because Cotchin beat Paddy :P

He talked way to fast, he needed to ready a little slower, i'm sure this was because 7 simply wanted to put all that other dripple and garbage that is americanizing and ruining our precious night