Sloane or Shuey?

Started by t.thomas6, February 22, 2013, 12:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will breakout or who will have a BETTER breakout year?

Rory Sloane
Luke Shuey

t.thomas6

Hey guys,
Currently have Shuey in my side, but heard a lot about Sloane too...so I thought I'd do a poll :)

Also leave you're reasons for you answer :)

Cheers  ;)

BoredSaint

I'm going with Sloane on my team.

tbagrocks

Really am struggling not to let the cat out of the bag but, Sloane is a superstar

Will be much fitter and due to his tired body spend the majority of the second half of the year on the half forward flank after ave 114 at the bye in the guts

But i'm going to back in Sando's training of weights and core strenght (reason he got tired last year) and he will be far, far fitter

Am not riding off Shuey yet either ;)

But please ???  No one pick Sloane, he's my pod you all stay away >:(

EL TIGER

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 22, 2013, 12:07:32 AM
Really am struggling not to let the cat out of the bag but, Sloane is a superstar

Will be much fitter and due to his tired body spend the majority of the second half of the year on the half forward flank after ave 114 at the bye in the guts

But i'm going to back in Sando's training of weights and core strenght (reason he got tired last year) and he will be far, far fitter

Am not riding off Shuey yet either ;)

But please ???  No one pick Sloane, he's my pod you all stay away >:(

Sloanes proven consistancy makes him the better choice as a starter, Shuey may be worth a look later imo..

Hagebear

SLOANEY IS GOING TO TEAR 2013 A NEW ONE!!

quinny88

Can't see either of them being a top 10 mid

Sabretooth Tigers

Quinney  +1,  Sloane IMO has more potential to increase his market value.

SydneyRox

sloane is on the verge, i dont have as much confidence is shuey

locknload

Love Sloane.
The only knock on Sloane is he is such a ball hawk he seems to have a penchant for getting into unfavorable situations.
ie. knocked out, separated shoulder trying to lay a tackle etc.

Quote from: quinny88 on February 22, 2013, 12:37:12 AM

Who are your top 10?

quinny88

Quote from: locknload on February 22, 2013, 12:51:24 PM
Love Sloane.
The only knock on Sloane is he is such a ball hawk he seems to have a penchant for getting into unfavorable situations.
ie. knocked out, separated shoulder trying to lay a tackle etc.

Quote from: quinny88 on February 22, 2013, 12:37:12 AM

Who are your top 10?

Top 3 i think will be
Ablett
Pendles
Swan

Next 7 in no particular order
Beams
Cotchin
JPK
Watson
Dangerfield
Murphy
Selwood

Then I still think players like Thompson, Deledio, Swallow, Boyd, Priddis, Mitchell, Tuck etc will avg the same or more than Sloane and Shuey. They are a long way down the list in my books

tor01doc

Going out on a limb there Quinny boy?  :P

Lids out Murphy in = top 10 of 2012.

I hope a dozen young ones come flying through. Now that would be fun.

What about Jack, Sloane, Fyfe, Priddis, S Selwood, Mitchell, Boyd, (Tuck - just kidding!), McLean, Zorko, Rockliff?

Where are the new ones?

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on February 23, 2013, 12:44:51 AM
Going out on a limb there Quinny boy?  :P

Lids out Murphy in = top 10 of 2012.

I hope a dozen young ones come flying through. Now that would be fun.

What about Jack, Sloane, Fyfe, Priddis, S Selwood, Mitchell, Boyd, (Tuck - just kidding!), McLean, Zorko, Rockliff?

Where are the new ones?

Im sure there will be some that make a surprise jump to the top 10 but I dont think that will be Sloane or Shuey. I think There are 10 players at least that are more likely than them. We'll see though I guess. Happy to be wrong

tor01doc

If the umpires 'intrepret' rules differently again, ie protect the ball player from scungy tagger like Jones, Crowley etc, then we could see some massive mid scores.

gunnerzzz

Sloane for me. Was a good unique last year in my league. Could be again.

locknload

Who are your top 10?

Top 3 i think will be
Ablett
Pendles
Swan

Next 7 in no particular order
Beams
Cotchin
JPK
Watson
Dangerfield
Murphy
Selwood

Then I still think players like Thompson, Deledio, Swallow, Boyd, Priddis, Mitchell, Tuck etc will avg the same or more than Sloane and Shuey. They are a long way down the list in my books

And now we get to the fun part of SC! If we were asking the same question last year  Cotchin, Beams, JPK and Danger would not have been there.
These guys were all averaged 100 on the season in 2011 before jumping in 2012.
They now make up your top 10. This jump was also seen for the one season. Beams had a staggered 2011 with injuries. Danger was still on a leash. 2011 was the first campaign Cotchin played 22 games.

You also have the second list of guys (Deledio, Boyd, Mitchell, Priddis) who are tried and true premiums.

The fun part is trying to guess who will make the jump this year. Shuey and Sloane can definitely do this and I dare say they are primed! If I had to pick one it would be Sloane.