Main Menu

Sam Mayes

Started by Pokerface, February 21, 2013, 07:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokerface

Should anything be read into him not selected in the Brisbane squad this weekend?
Tidbits filtering out of brisbane sounded promising that he was well in contention for round 1. I would have thought rookies in the mix were a monty for the first nab round.

quinny88

Quote from: Pokerface on February 21, 2013, 07:50:28 PM
Should anything be read into him not selected in the Brisbane squad this weekend?
Tidbits filtering out of brisbane sounded promising that he was well in contention for round 1. I would have thought rookies in the mix were a monty for the first nab round.

Depends why. Is he under an injury cloud? If he was right to go they would play him no doubt

Mr.Craig

Intra-club match report -

SIDELINED

"Simon Black (knee), Brent Staker (knee), and Jesse O’Brien (groin) remain sidelined after minor clean-ups during the pre-season, while Ryan Harwood sat out after suffering a minor ankle strain last week.

Sam Mayes and Pearce Hanley also didn’t take part as a precaution, but are expected to be ready for the NAB Cup."

Pokerface

Thanks Mr Craig, I hadn't seen any injury concerns on him anywhere. People seem to have shunned him for byrnes, neade and lee, but i was dead keen on him.

Ringo

I have doubts that he will play in Round 1 though pokerface. He would need to really shine in the NAB cup as he would be competing with Claye Beams, Josh, Green, Todd Banfield and Ash McGrath for a spot. Maybe a handy down grade target later on as he is well thought of at the Club and they would want to get some games into him.

BoredSaint

on the topic on Brisbane,

what do you think of Ryan Lester's future? or more specifically this season?

sammy123

this is no good =(. Hes in fwd line. Need him to play. No other rookies in my mind too replace and not enough for varcoe or byrnes

slipknot_4

I see what you did there..

Pokerface

Quote from: slipknot_4 on February 22, 2013, 12:03:34 AM

I see what you did there..
you got me  ::)

SydneyRox

still 2 rounds left, dont stress just yet!

tbagrocks

Silky skilfull but still very light as an 18yr old of course, can play but no need to ruch him imo, unless the lions are a top four prospect his skill shouldn't be wasted this year

Ringo

Quote from: BoredSaint on February 21, 2013, 11:37:35 PM
on the topic on Brisbane,

what do you think of Ryan Lester's future? or more specifically this season?
Watch Lester in the NAB cup he should be in Brisbane's best 22 but may play forward this year.