Ruck rookies and cheap players??

Started by spasticnut, February 21, 2013, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spasticnut

Last year i went 1 premium in the ruck and it worked out for me, i would love to know if there are any rookies that are certainties or any cheap players under 200,000 that might get solid games in the ruck.

mudgee

I've gone Grundy and Currie for my ruck bench with Berger being my cheapy ruck that I guess everyone has, plus a premium. Both rookies that should get some decent playing time (I hope, lol!!)

Ringo

Keep an eye on Gorringe at suns only $150k and with the retirement of Fraser and departure of Hickey will be second ruck.  Also as downgrade option later in the season watch return from injury of Gawn at Melbourne.

Pokerface

Last year was a one-off as Giles was ready to go. A good tactic one year is not necessarily a good tactic the following year. It won't work this year.

mudgee

Quote from: Pokerface on February 21, 2013, 05:25:00 PM
Last year was a one-off as Giles was ready to go. A good tactic one year is not necessarily a good tactic the following year. It won't work this year.
Two years in a row if you count Zac Smith in 2011 ;)

meow meow

Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2013, 04:31:30 PM
Keep an eye on Gorringe at suns only $150k and with the retirement of Fraser and departure of Hickey will be second ruck.  Also as downgrade option later in the season watch return from injury of Gawn at Melbourne.

Dixon will be second ruck.

Pokerface

Quote from: mudgee on February 21, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
Zac was great as R3, and needed to deputise often. But those who had him as R2 really struggled.

GM

Quote from: meow meow on February 21, 2013, 05:36:00 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 21, 2013, 04:31:30 PM

Dixon will be second ruck.
I would be surprised if Gorringe isn't played if fit.

MontyJnr

Quote from: Pokerface on February 21, 2013, 06:36:36 PM
Quote from: mudgee on February 21, 2013, 05:30:54 PM
Zac was great as R3, and needed to deputise often. But those who had him as R2 really struggled.

+1
Starting with the Sandilands/Cox double was essential for success in 2011

SydneyRox

one premium three rookies not going to work this year, plenty of scope in premium, berger, rookies though