Thoughts on this team structure?

Started by hawkers65, February 20, 2013, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

I'm currently running the Gun's 'n' Rookies strategy, my team's structure is 14/1/14 (Premiums/Leuey/Rookies) and putting it into separate positions structure its: Backs: 3/0/5, Mids: 5/0/5, Rucks 1/1/2, Fwds: 5/0/3. I'm pretty happy with this ATM especially as i have the 5 uber premiums in the Midfield; Gablett, Pendles, JPK, Cotch and either Swan or Murph (Still undecided). I'm currently going with this due the large amount of juicy rookies this year although there aren't many in the Fwd line, hence why i only have the 3 there.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this??

Cheers Hawkers!

Pokerface

I have a very similar structure, except Varcoe in forwards rather than a Prem. I would be curious to know who you consider premiums, as I can't squeeze an extra cent anywhere to get Varcoe up to a 5th forward prem.
Given the rookies this year,I think its clearly the way to go. Stack forwards, go the 5 obvious rookie mids and 4 defender rookies, while the last defender rook position could go a few ways.

hawkers65

Quote from: Pokerface on February 20, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
I have a very similar structure, except Varcoe in forwards rather than a Prem. I would be curious to know who you consider premiums, as I can't squeeze an extra cent anywhere to get Varcoe up to a 5th forward prem.
Given the rookies this year,I think its clearly the way to go. Stack forwards, go the 5 obvious rookie mids and 4 defender rookies, while the last defender rook position could go a few ways.

Thanks for your input! The people i'm considering premiums are:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell
Ablett, Pendlebury, JPK, Cotchin, Swan/Murphy
Jacobs
Cox, Rocky, Martin, Broughton and Sylvia/Cloke

i would have thought everyone would consider these premiums, IMO the only questionable one is Sylvia/Cloke but i'm picking one of this 2 because IMO both will go 92-96 and show great value!

Pokerface

Yeah I think Sylvia/Cloke equates to a value mid-pricer rather than prem.

Greg 'never again' Broughton is not a prem - but thats just personal opinion!

hawkers65

Quote from: Pokerface on February 20, 2013, 10:51:39 PM
Yeah I think Sylvia/Cloke equates to a value mid-pricer rather than prem.

Greg 'never again' Broughton is not a prem - but thats just personal opinion!

I have 70k in the bank, so i can upgrade them if i want, but i think i'll stick with Sylvia/Cloke and Broughts