Main Menu

Richmond 2013 NAB cup discussion thread

Started by Toga, February 20, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

My boy Matty 'Biscuits' Arnot has goaled.  8)

Nige

Good win, but 20 behinds is bad...

Biscuits and Ricky did well.  :D

quinny88

Fantastic effort by the boys. I thought the bombers looked like running away with it a few times but we just kept attacking and got the result. Nice to be on the end of a close win rather than a loss for once

Jroo

Happy with that win. Half our team was missing and Petterd looks great atm. I reckon he's a good chance to play round one.

quinny88

Positives from the game-
Dusty was fantastic before being subbed off.
Vickers contested and is building confidence.
Vlastuin is a star in the making.
Our depth showed with us winning a game with most of our stars out against a full strength bombers.

Negatives from the game-
Leaked goals late in quarters (particularly the 2nd) seems to be an ongoing problem.
Inaccurate in front of goals. Happened too often last season and has been a problem in all of our nab games so far

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on March 02, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
Happy with that win. Half our team was missing and Petterd looks great atm. I reckon he's a good chance to play round one.

Unless he gets rubbed out. Common sense should prevail but I don't know how much common sense there is from the mrp these days

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 01, 2013, 01:47:45 PM
We won't win nigey. They have put together a close to full strength side, we have rested a lot of our stars.

Good call quinny, good call.  :P

So happy you were wrong!  ;D

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on March 02, 2013, 09:17:15 PM
We won't win nigey. They have put together a close to full strength side, we have rested a lot of our stars.

haha well im happy to be wrong. They stood up today. Not sure what it says for the Bombers though

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: quinny88 on March 02, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 02, 2013, 09:17:15 PM

haha well im happy to be wrong. They stood up today. Not sure what it says for the Bombers though
Wouldn't want to be a Wangaratta based Bomber fan, disappointment 2 years running.

Toga

The deal:

1. Adelaide beats Carlton (possible).
2. One of Collingwood & Brisbane win, making the final (definite).
3. Geelong beats North Melbourne by... 22 points (say 100 vs 78)? (possible).

Gives Geelong a %age of (305/236)*100 = 129.2%

Richmond now has to beat Hawthorn by 52 points to make the Grand Final... Possible?

Could be... We're fielding a near full-strength side this weekend and Hawthorn obviously doesn't care about the competition at all... Just thought it'd be fun to have a look and see if the Tiges were a chance to make the final of this thing...

What do you guys think?

Nige

It's not out of the equation, but even as an optimist I don't see it happening.

Hopefully I'll be wrong like quinny.  :P

T Dog

As a conspiracy theorist I reckon Mad Micky Malto vs Bux is an AFL promoters dream   8)

Toga

Quote from: T Dog on March 08, 2013, 03:47:48 PM
As a conspiracy theorist I reckon Mad Micky Malto vs Bux is an AFL promoters dream   8)

BUT will it ruin the Round 2 H&A game between the two clubs? ???

I reckon the AFL would NOT want the Pies & Blues playing off in the NAB final, but that's just my opinion ::)

Ringo

A near Strength Brisbane playing a Collingwood side with out Pendles and Swan and a back three of Brown. Maxwell and Frost to combat Big Brownie, Cornelius and Stef Martin may tend to favour Brisbane but we know things do not happen according to what it should on paper.

quinny88

Whenever you have to rely on other results and percentages it never happens. It's a shame because I thought we were the better team in our close loss to north but just didn't kick straight at goal.
I think collingwood will beat Brisbane by 30 and Geelong will beat north by a couple so the AFL will get ther wish of Carlton vs Collingwood. Will be a packed etihad stadium for that one