Main Menu

Richmond 2013 NAB cup discussion thread

Started by Toga, February 20, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on February 25, 2013, 12:59:04 PM
Love you guys. IMO there is one obstacle Richmond have to get over and when you do watch out and that is the ability to win or close out close games, Seen it against the Roos on Friday Night and cost you dearly last year in a couple of games. 5 games lost by less than 10 points and a draw with Port.   Thes probably cost you a place in the eight.

Agree Ringo. Even if we are in front very late in games I have started to expect that we will find a way to lose.
Although im not fussed about it on friday as Martin, Cotchin, and Lids were parked up on the bench for the last 5 mins, they obviously were just seeing how the kids went. Hopefully we win a few of the close ones this season and we will easily make the 8

Toga

I've just got to say it... this kid looks like an absolute gem. Just two shortened NAB cup outings from have made me excited, his composure and skills look absolutely fantastic!

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-02-25/tiger-cub-nick-vlastuin-impresses-in-his-first-outing

Ringo

Looked the goods Toga - Just a little concerned with your back depth he may be vest material.  You have both Morris and Dylan Grimes as second year players who looked good last year so where do you see him fitting or do you have him before both.

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on February 25, 2013, 07:49:25 PM
Looked the goods Toga - Just a little concerned with your back depth he may be vest material.  You have both Morris and Dylan Grimes as second year players who looked good last year so where do you see him fitting or do you have him before both.

Something I'm a tad worried about as well Ringo. Atm I see our back six lining up as:

Morris, Chaplin, Grimes
Ellis, Rance, Houli

So yes I think it will be hard for him to break into the lineup, add Newman, Conca, Grigg etc to that list who will be rotating with Ellis and Houli off of the wing and HBF it will be pretty difficult for Vlas to break into the team. I think that when Tucky and Newy retire everyone should be looking at Vlas, Conca & Ellis as breakout players, as they will assume positions full time in the Centre and off of Half Back, but for now I see him maybe as being a likely sub candidate, so maybe not for fantasy footy this year.

Just excited about the amount of talent he's already showing!

Ringo

Thanks Toga and yes he certainly looks a strong and exiting prospect for you,

quinny88

Resting Maric, Cotchin, Deledio, Morris, Knights and Conca for this weekends game.

Full squad here
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-28/round-2-preseason-series-squad

Toga

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on February 28, 2013, 07:31:21 PM
Obviously not fussed about this thing :P

Yeah im tipping were gonna cop a floggin haha. Once again though.. No injuries and I dont care!

Nige

We're playing Essendon, right? Oh God, I hope we win. It's bad enough we're in 9th on the NAB ladder, but I know so many God damn Bombers fans and I genuinely think they're as bad as Collingwood supporters.  :P

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on February 28, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
We're playing Essendon, right? Oh God, I hope we win. It's bad enough we're in 9th on the NAB ladder, but I know so many God damn Bombers fans and I genuinely think they're as bad as Collingwood supporters.  :P

We won't win nigey. They have put together a close to full strength side, we have rested a lot of our stars. It is a big game for them because they shafted there supporters there last year when they didn't get to the ground and had to forfeit so they owe them a big game

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 01, 2013, 01:47:45 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 28, 2013, 10:40:54 PM

We won't win nigey. They have put together a close to full strength side, we have rested a lot of our stars. It is a big game for them because they shafted there supporters there last year when they didn't get to the ground and had to forfeit so they owe them a big game

Too true! Where are my headphones?!  ::)  :P

Toga

Yeah that's true Quinny, had forgotten about that! :o

Oh how good it would be if our youngsters gave them a good run for their money though ;)

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 01, 2013, 07:49:35 PM
Yeah that's true Quinny, had forgotten about that! :o

Oh how good it would be if our youngsters gave them a good run for their money though ;)

Tigger could probably take them on his own.  :P

quinny88

They will have a dip. Lets just hope for another injury free weekend

Toga

Off to a great start with a 9-pointer courtesy of Matty White inside the first 30 seconds! 8)

Dusty looking absolutely fantastic!