Main Menu

Richmond 2013 NAB cup discussion thread

Started by Toga, February 20, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on March 14, 2013, 04:33:15 PM
Bloody hell, where is he?! Does anyone know of any injury or anything? ???

Don't think I can risk him in my DT now :-\
I have no idea  :-\
I thought he was just rested when he didn't play a few weeks ago.
I'm thinking the same thing, may just go with Petterd though.

Chelskiman

It is odd that he keeps missing out.  If he's not injured we should be pumping game time into him so he can get used to playing with the squad. 

quinny88

Must have a niggle. Either that or he isn't training well. He looked pretty ordinary in the small amount of game time he has had this nab cup. Edwards has looked terrible too though as was Lonergan on the weekend. Petterd has certainly been the stand out of the new fellas at the club

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 04:59:42 PM
Must have a niggle. Either that or he isn't training well. He looked pretty ordinary in the small amount of game time he has had this nab cup. Edwards has looked terrible too though as was Lonergan on the weekend. Petterd has certainly been the stand out of the new fellas at the club
I really like Knights so I hope he does well. Yep, Ricky's gotta be in line for a senior list spot. Now that he's been playing across half back and can also play forward, maybe he can replace Luke McGuane!  ::) But yeah, if you include national draftees, Tigger has definitely been the pick of all the new recruits. Must be a Round 1 starter, but I fear he may get the vest.

Jroo

Knights isn't injured, he was seen today running around at training.
So not sure why he isn't playing  ???

Toga

Reckon he's just being managed so he's right for round 1 then? :-X

Seems a bit odd!

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on March 14, 2013, 07:59:38 PM
Reckon he's just being managed so he's right for round 1 then? :-X

Seems a bit odd!
Not sure  :-\
He hasn't played since the first round and only played one of the mini games.
And yeah you're right, it does seem a bit odd. Hope he's playing round one, as I had him locked in my team.

quinny88

Lucky he's not a high profile player or the drug rumours would be flying around lol  ::)

Vincent

Knights is a spud. He was a spud at Adelaide, and just because he is now at Richmond doesn't mean he is no longer a spud. He's not in your best 22 and thats what teams go with in the last week of nab challenge matches.

quinny88

Quote from: Vincent on March 14, 2013, 10:37:38 PM
Knights is a spud. He was a spud at Adelaide, and just because he is now at Richmond doesn't mean he is no longer a spud. He's not in your best 22 and thats what teams go with in the last week of nab challenge matches.

He was injured at Adelaide..?
Not all teams field there best 22 for the last nab challenge game either mate

quinny88

And incase you werent aware Richmond have had a very good recent track record of turning players you would call a "spud" into good players. Maric, Houli, Grigg ring any bells? Its all about having a role for a player within your team and getting the right player to fit that role. Richmond need a Half forward flanker that can rotate through the mids. Knights is that man

Vincent

Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

He wasn't injured last year. Couldn't get a game because he wasn't good enough. Get over your bias and accept that he isn't very good. Just like Aaron Edwards.

quinny88

Quote from: Vincent on March 14, 2013, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 10:52:39 PM

He wasn't injured last year. Couldn't get a game because he wasn't good enough. Get over your bias and accept that he isn't very good. Just like Aaron Edwards.

He was injured all last pre season and at the start of the season and by the time he was ready to play Adelaide were flying and he couldnt break into the side. Maric wasnt getting a game at Adelaide either and neither was Houli at Essendon so whats your theory on them? Some players just need a fresh start and a bit of luck to go there way. Im not bias at all, I just dont think knights is  spudd. Even Adelaide supporters seem to give him praise

Chelskiman

Quote from: Vincent on March 14, 2013, 10:57:28 PMGet over your bias and accept that he isn't very good.

Lol, says the Port Adelaide supporter who randomly pops into the Richmond board to say an ex-Crow is a spud.  Move along, fella.

Chelskiman

Tiges finish off their pre-season with a 9 point win over the Doggies.  I was only following the game via live chat, so not sure on any stats or anything.  Extended highlights will be available on Monday though.  Another close win for us.  We were only 3 points up with not long to go before Jack kicked a goal late on.  Bring on Round 1!