Main Menu

Richmond 2013 NAB cup discussion thread

Started by Toga, February 20, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

You are not saying match will be fixed to get desired outcome. ;) ;)

I still think Brisbane will get there though. Really interested though to see how some go against quality opposition for the first time in pre-season although Pies have rested a few,  May even see the Beams Brothers hgo head to head,

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on March 09, 2013, 10:01:36 AM
You are not saying match will be fixed to get desired outcome. ;) ;)

I still think Brisbane will get there though. Really interested though to see how some go against quality opposition for the first time in pre-season although Pies have rested a few,  May even see the Beams Brothers hgo head to head,

Brisbane will be hungrier to win it. You can tell that by the team they have fielded compared to Collingwood still resting a couple of their superstars but Collingwood just hold up so well right across the board. From there beat player down to their 22nd they all do their job so well so I think they will win here in Melbourne. Should be a good game though

Kellogscrunchynut

Good to see us win another close one, and Jacks deciding goal.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 09, 2013, 04:39:51 PM

Wasn't 52 points on whatever Toga said we needed, but a win's a win.  :P

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on March 09, 2013, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on March 09, 2013, 04:39:51 PM

Wasn't 52 points on whatever Toga said we needed, but a win's a win.  :P
Riewoldt  :-* :-*
The Hawks where missing at least 10 players from their best 22, so wouldn't read too much into it, but hopefully it can give us some confidence that we can close out these close games!

Toga

Really good NAB cup campaign from us imo... 3 wins and 1 loss is pretty good, would've liked to clinch that one against the kangas though...

But yep, as Jroo said it'll be good for the team to get a taste for winning games, and it was good to be on the other end of some close ones for once!

Bring on Round 1! :D

Nige

The Blues seem to be in pretty good knick under Mick (unintentional rhyming :-X) so the Round 1 clash looks like it could be an absolute beauty.

Chelskiman

Yeah, it was important win purely for the fact we held our nerve together.  If the Hawks had a full side in then they probably would have beaten us.  Saying that, they had a lot of fringe players and kids playing who are trying to prove themselves, so in a weird way it made them tougher to play against because if the older guys were back they wouldn't have been playing as hard as they could I'd imagine. 

But yeah, has to be considered a good pre-season for us.  If we had held on against the Roos we would have been playing in the final. 

quinny88

I must admit I wasnt overly confident of Jack kicking it. He had been kicking it like a plumb pudding all day haha.
Needs to stop being so team orientated and start having shots at goal again! :P

quinny88

Playing the doggies this Saturday at Visy park at 2pm

Chelskiman

Quote from: quinny88 on March 11, 2013, 10:21:28 PM

Will this be on Fox Footy?

quinny88

Quote from: Chelskiman on March 11, 2013, 11:24:20 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 11, 2013, 10:21:28 PM

Will this be on Fox Footy?

No I dont think any of the games this weekend are being televised appart from the GF.Will have to check to confirm that though

Toga

Free entry to all trial games this weekend for club members - just show your membership at the gate and your in :)

Jroo

Richmond will field a nother near-full strength line-up in the final week of the pre-season series, this Saturday against the Western Bulldogs at Visy Park. 

The Tigers have made only a handful of changes to the team which defeated Hawthorn in Launceston last week, with Nick Vlastuin among the inclusions.

Luke McGuane, Shane Tuck and Orren Stephenson also return to the squad after missing last week’s game.

A squad of 26 will face the Bulldogs at 2pm on Saturday, in a full scale, four quarter match with home-and-away season rules in place.

There will be no interchange cap, and teams will be permitted to play up to eight interchange players, with no subs.

Pre-season series â€" Round 4

Richmond v Western Bulldogs

Saturday March 16, Visy Park, 2pm

Ticketing information

All club and AFL members will receive access to this week’s match for free, provided they present their 2013 membership card at the gate. General admission will also be available to practice matches with adult/concession tickets $5.  Juniors under 15 can attend for free.

Richmond squad

1 - Chris Newman

3 â€" Brett Deledio

4 â€" Dustin Martin

5 â€" Brandon Ellis

6 â€" Shaun Grigg

8 â€" Jack Riewoldt

9 â€" Trent Cotchin

10 â€" Shane Edwards

11 â€" Jake Batchelor

13 - Ricky Petterd

14 â€" Bachar Houli

16 â€" Luke McGuane

18 â€" Alex Rance

20 â€" Ivan Maric

21 â€" Shane Tuck

22 â€" Sam Lonergan

24 â€" Ben Griffiths

25 â€" Troy Chaplin

26 â€" Robin Nahas

29 â€" Tyrone Vickery

30 â€" Reece Conca

31 â€" Nick Vlastuin

35 â€" Matthew White

37 â€" Orren Stephenson

38 â€" Steven Morris

44 â€" Matt Arnot

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-14/richmond-squad-for-final-preseason-hitout

No Knights again  :'( :'(

Toga

Bloody hell, where is he?! Does anyone know of any injury or anything? ???

Don't think I can risk him in my DT now :-\