Main Menu

Three straight saturday games

Started by tbagrocks, February 20, 2013, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

As we know with 9 matches a week, there is now footy from 1 till 10 on saturdays, not this seems a good idea right?

I disagree, I love the after game and pre game reviews on radio, basically it was like from 4.30-7.00 (Adelaide) great discussion of the games played or to come

but now we have a game in that slot so if you want to hear the discussion you miss a game of footy :-[

T Dog

Nails

Capper

T Dog

Quote from: tabs on February 20, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
wasnt this the same last year?

Saturday and Sundays...just have to channel surf to hear the game you want

meow meow

TV on mute.
Radio on.

Problem solved!

Capper

Quote from: T Dog on February 20, 2013, 05:08:18 PM
Quote from: tabs on February 20, 2013, 05:02:03 PM
wasnt this the same last year?

Saturday and Sundays...just have to channel surf to hear the game you want
so whats the problem?? Weekends = Sport on TV = awesome

quinny88

Cant stand listening to a game of footy on the radio anyway lol

upthemaidens

Just off subject to the original post,,
  But I would like to see a Monday night game on every week.  It would basically be like Friday games (only game on).

They have done the Monday night games in American Football for awhile with great success and the few they have in AFL seem to go down 'ok' with the public.
  Its better than having a Thursday night game and would mean 1 less game on the Sat/Sun.

Ringo

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 20, 2013, 07:30:59 PM
Just off subject to the original post,,
  But I would like to see a Monday night game on every week.  It would basically be like Friday games (only game on).

They have done the Monday night games in American Football for awhile with great success and the few they have in AFL seem to go down 'ok' with the public.
  Its better than having a Thursday night game and would mean 1 less game on the Sat/Sun.
Think Monday night games would have to be tailored to the market though mate.  Fell flat in certain areas in the NRL.  So if the right games were played in the right areas would go.  Maybe replace one of the twilight games with a Monday night game. May play havoc with SC though.

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on February 20, 2013, 06:34:35 PM
Actually am getting fox this week ::)  but I always prefer the radio comtentary, will have to listen to the pre/pro views while watching the middle game ::)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 07:58:12 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 20, 2013, 06:34:35 PM
Actually am getting fox this week ::)  but I always prefer the radio comtentary, will have to listen to the pre/pro views while watching the middle game ::)

finally caved in hey mate :P

tbagrocks

Yep ::)  justb getting the sports package, think it's 15 a week

Dam Nazi's

But getting the europian football, India test series and the rest of the pre-season sealed it, plus all the footy replays ;D

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 20, 2013, 09:40:15 PM
Yep ::)  justb getting the sports package, think it's 15 a week

Dam Nazi's

But getting the europian football, India test series and the rest of the pre-season sealed it, plus all the footy replays ;D

Wise move foxtell is a must have for any footy fan

kilbluff1985

yeah it's a bit much watching 9 hours of footy on a Saturday, even more if you record one of the night games to watch after the other night game

permanent Thursday night game sounds better then a permanent Monday night i think not sure why though lol

maybe with a Thursday/Monday game it should start at 6/6.30 so people get home at a reasonable hour