WHY...is Dustin Martin so popular??

Started by blues boy, February 19, 2013, 07:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues boy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 08:25:11 PM
I think people are picking him on potential, which is a dangerous thing to do when picking someone who you need as a premium player in your team.

He looked so good in his second year - goal-kicking midfielder, hard at the ball, dishing out the don't argues and everyone is still caught up on that memory of him.

I avoided him last year and will do again this year. However, if he does start to live up to his potential it's not hard to trade him in now.

^^^^^ Spot on i reckon people are picking on potential, i suppose it is high risk/high reward but with so many trades i dont think he is worth starting with!

Adamant

Quote from: Cicjose on February 19, 2013, 08:00:29 PM
the same reason they pick rockiff, robinson, sylvia, monfries, sipposs, pittard, hartlett

Lol you don't have Rockliff in your team. ::)

essendon2

Quote from: Screech on February 19, 2013, 09:44:37 PM
doesn't tackle! very lazy player unless it looks like he is going to get a possesion, a kick, a handball receive or a goal! if he tackled he would hit 100 ave DT points easy!
can't decide between Martin and Wright arghhh

blues boy

Quote from: Adamant on February 19, 2013, 09:59:11 PM
the same reason they pick rockiff, robinson, sylvia, monfries, sipposs, pittard, hartlett

Rockliff would probs be in the top 5 locks of the year!

blues boy

Quote from: essendon2 on February 19, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: Screech on February 19, 2013, 09:44:37 PM
doesn't tackle! very lazy player unless it looks like he is going to get a possesion, a kick, a handball receive or a goal! if he tackled he would hit 100 ave DT points easy!
can't decide between Martin and Wright arghhh

There is another!! Why Wright??? whats the deal with him?

Adamant

Quote from: blues boy on February 19, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

Yeah, easily. Cic doesn't reckon he'll be a top 7 forward...

blues boy

Quote from: Adamant on February 19, 2013, 10:06:07 PM
Quote from: blues boy on February 19, 2013, 10:02:49 PM

Yeah, easily. Cic doesn't reckon he'll be a top 7 forward...

Gotta be joking will probably average 10-15ppg more!!!!

tbagrocks

Because Wright's a gun on the up and is destined for more midfield time, would be the standout for the Crows last sunday

Rommas

I got him as my fourth forward, averaged 85 last year, some people are acting like he only averaged 60 or something

pommyadam

85 for an F4 is pretty pathetic if you ask me

i'm avoiding him because he has too many quiet games, and there's better options for me

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 19, 2013, 10:11:28 PM
Because Wright's a gun on the up and is destined for more midfield time, would be the standout for the Crows last sunday

wright is an overrated midget who won't get substantial mids time in the crows packed line up. Stop kidding yourself with your bias.

blues boy

Quote from: Ziplock on February 19, 2013, 10:46:53 PM

wright is an overrated midget who won't get substantial mids time in the crows packed line up. Stop kidding yourself with your bias.

BOOM!

Ziplock

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 19, 2013, 08:18:45 PM
Martin has all the tools to go to the next level. As Holz listed he is playing in an improving team, which should also help his scoring. His disposal lets him down, and he can sometimes look like he is isnt that interested.

If he switches on though, he could go 100+

I thought connors got sacked? :S

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on February 19, 2013, 10:46:53 PM

How about you stop trolling and realize that i'm right, if i'm wrong abot him i'll leave ff so there!

tbagrocks