WHY...is Dustin Martin so popular??

Started by blues boy, February 19, 2013, 07:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blues boy

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME why so many people seem to be picking Dustin Martin?
What is so promising about the kid? Am i missing something??

Cheers

Master Q

I'm not a fan of him either...

*sits back - waits for someone to make a strong argument*

Holz

nearly a 90 average in his second season, down last year so cheap.

richmond picked up a few forwards, and talk is he is moving into the mids more.

the most important point is he always seemed to be on a flame (50+) at half time than had a slow second half. Increased running ability after a strong preseason means he could easily increase his second half peformanc so more 100+ games.

richmond on the up in general, more wins and less blowouts should mean more DT points for richmond in general.

Cicjose

the same reason they pick rockiff, robinson, sylvia, monfries, sipposs, pittard, hartlett

blues boy

Quote from: Holzman on February 19, 2013, 07:58:29 PM
nearly a 90 average in his second season, down last year so cheap.

reports are he is training the house down.

richmond picked up a few forwards, and talk is he is moving into the mids more.

But would you start with him as a F3 or F4?? Surely colin sylvia is better value $40,000 cheaper?

blues boy

Quote from: Cicjose on February 19, 2013, 08:00:29 PM
the same reason they pick rockiff, robinson, sylvia, monfries, sipposs, pittard, hartlett

I think rockliff, robinson, pittard and sylvia are almost a certain lock in for most DT's this year but not martin

tbagrocks

What he does do on the field is classy, he has talent he just needs to be focused and dedicated which should come with maturity, hopefuly before that ::)

The real question is why is Cotchin so popular, as I missing something? Players can drop after a breakout ;)

blues boy

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 19, 2013, 08:08:47 PM
What he does do on the field is classy, he has talent he just needs to be focused and dedicated which should come with maturity, hopefuly before that ::)

The real question is why is Cotchin so popular, as I missing something? Players can drop after a breakout ;)

Im staying away from cotchin to! was incredible last year but with the likes of pendles and lids at that price range i think they are certainties to average 110

SydneyRox

Martin has all the tools to go to the next level. As Holz listed he is playing in an improving team, which should also help his scoring. His disposal lets him down, and he can sometimes look like he is isnt that interested.

If he switches on though, he could go 100+

henry

I'm not quite sure either last year. From all reports had a good preseason last year also and was ready to step up to the next level but it didn't eventuate, and ended up burning me after I was sucked in. Ended up having him as forward emergency quite a bit in the second half of the year. Christensen, Siposs, Sylvia are all better options than him for me.

Memphistopheles

I think people are picking him on potential, which is a dangerous thing to do when picking someone who you need as a premium player in your team.

He looked so good in his second year - goal-kicking midfielder, hard at the ball, dishing out the don't argues and everyone is still caught up on that memory of him.

I avoided him last year and will do again this year. However, if he does start to live up to his potential it's not hard to trade him in now.

Toga

... so why are you picking Dangerfield tbag.. ::) Cotchin is a good pick because look at his finish to the year, is still developing, and has been named skipper of the tiges.... Everything points to improvement!

Martin I'm picking because he has so much potential, has had a ripping preseason, and imo will play higher up the ground this year.

strikes91

be careful. I was asked to write an essay why cotchin might go backwards.

ronl

I agree, Memphis, I want to see what this guy is really made of before before I gamble on whether or not he feels like exerting himself...

Screech

doesn't tackle! very lazy player unless it looks like he is going to get a possesion, a kick, a handball receive or a goal! if he tackled he would hit 100 ave DT points easy!