Stevie J offered a weeks suspension

Started by LF, February 18, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Just had a look at the footage and that is weak as p*ss, MRP should be ashamed of themselves. Absolute bullshower. Looked to me like there was barely any force behind it, moreso a shepperd than anything, a slight push, and Ballaz just dived...

Let me ask you MRP how the flower Stevie gets 2 for that, and Hurley gets NOTHING for full on lashing out at Cooney's head with elbow/fist?! ???

Absolute bullshower, the muppets are already making a fool of themselves this year.

/rant over.

elephants

Ahree with the angry dude above me ^^ +1

Hagebear

Quote from: elephants on February 18, 2013, 06:48:15 PM
Ahree with the angry dude above me ^^ +1

Agree!! I think toga might of just broken a window or popped a blood vessel them!

Toga

Nah I'm all good lads :P ^^ That probably made me sound angrier than I am but I just do not understand how this works... Unless Stevie's record counted against him, but I still don't even see his offence as being reportable ::)

elephants

Your rant has made me go an watch the vid.

And oh my god, what a massive hit. Ballantyne is lucky to still be breathing after that one!*

*Note: sarcasm.

Nah it's bs though. Hopefully Geelong challenge it.

Toga

Haha yeah absolute BS imo.

I hope they challenge it and he gets off too - although he better not get his sentence upgraded, otherwise his Asians coach will be very unhappy ::) :-X

Ziplock

yeah, when the vid was first posted on the afl website about stevie j being in trouble, I watched it and was like- wtf? it was more a retaliatory shove back since balla bumped him first.. I swear, it was a massive dive....

doesn't affect me since I don't have stevie j though, but either that was staging, or ballantyne is weak as piss.

elephants

Ricochet

Wonder how Geelong would be looking at this.
Round 1 is a massive game against the Hawks but so is Round 2 against North, then the Blues and then Sydney. Its a tough start.
Tbh i dont think the will risk more weeks and will let it go to have him ready to go Round 2

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Hagebear on February 18, 2013, 05:41:00 PM
Quote from: Windigo on February 18, 2013, 05:37:48 PM
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/02/18/44-trades-be-careful/

I really like this article.

"Don’t lock yourself into having to make too many planned trades over the course of the season, or you might find that you have painted yourself into a bit of a corner."

Anything can and will happen at any moment. Take the MBR last year, there was basically no point having a 'strategy' as there were too many variables ect.

Planning ahead may be counter productive when the chips are on the table.

^^^^^ this! Don't use the trades just for the sake of trading. NRoo could well come out and completely stink it up. Or get injured. (Is starting to get pretty fragile in his older years).

Despite this I think Round 2 is the least likely round your trading plan might go out the window or when you'll have any planned trades (barring 2 freak Rd 1 LTIs)

If SJ gets suspended I'm going to look for the player I think will score the highest in Round 1 and then have enough cash to trade them to SJ in Round 2.

SJ is an absolute lock this season playing in midfield IMO, will carve it up.

Should challenge and get off though.

elephants

If he challenges and loses he will miss 2 or 3 weeks?

If its two, challenge.

If its three, accept.

I think.

dmagnus

If Steve Johnson didn't hit Ballantyne he wouldn't have been in front of the MRP. Stupid thing to do

elephants

Quote from: dmagnus on February 18, 2013, 08:41:14 PM
If Steve Johnson didn't hit Ballantyne he wouldn't have been in front of the MRP. Stupid thing to do

The MRP should allow two hits per player on Ballantyne per season. Would make their jobs so much easier.

Bones Bombers

This is what's annoying me. I've had Stevie in past seasons and had him locked in my forward line for this year, but he does these stupid little things too often, putting himself at risk of suspension. Loves a sly punch or kick when he thinks no one is looking. Mate there are cameras everywhere now.
Will most likely score very well in the midfield so I will pick him back up I'm sure but he's P'ing me off.

Ziplock

that was a push, not a hit.

Like if you're going to punch someone, you do it because you're really pissed off- and if you're pissed off then it's a hard punch, not 'low impact'. In the first camera angle it looks more like a punch, in the second when you can see the open hand it's a bit different.

I dont understand why stevie j gets a week when cooney was actually punched clean in the head...