Stevie J offered a weeks suspension

Started by LF, February 18, 2013, 04:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on February 18, 2013, 05:04:37 PM
dam had SJ in my squad.

Maybee its time to implement the Nroo strategy.

Nroo too SJ round 4?

Yeah nice one Holz, that's a good as idea! :o

elephants

Not 100% sold on this Nroo strategy... Then again, I never had SJ so I don't need to be haha.

Ziplock

I'd hold off until round 5 for the trade

voldt- gc, ric, gws, ess, syd (trade out), coll, carl, adel, wbd, nth, wce, bye
stevie j- n/a, nm, carl, syd, wbd (trade in), rich, ess, coll, port, gc, gws

Windigo

Not starting either. Mitch Robbo lets go.  8)

Grazz

Quote from: Holzman on February 18, 2013, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 18, 2013, 05:08:27 PM
dam had SJ in my squad.

Nroo too SJ round 4?
Round 6-7*

why 6-7?

SJ will be in round 2.

I think what he means Holz is you get till rnd 6 to make as much from NRoo as you can before SJ's price change. You may choose to go earlier for the points though thats up to you but NRoo's price wont change till after rnd 3. Atleast thats what i think he is alluding to.

Cicjose

Holz

Quote from: Grazz on February 18, 2013, 05:25:56 PM
Quote from: Holzman on February 18, 2013, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 18, 2013, 05:08:27 PM
dam had SJ in my squad.

Nroo too SJ round 4?
Round 6-7*

why 6-7?

SJ will be in round 2.

I think what he means Holz is you get till rnd 6 to make as much from NRoo as you can before SJ's price change. You may choose to go earlier for the points though thats up to you but NRoo's price wont change till after rnd 3. Atleast thats what i think he is alluding to.

yeah he will go up in price if you trade round 4. but that wont fully take into account his 3rd round score till later.

Im not sure on the Nroo strategy its risky. I had SJ locked and loaded if he plays mid who could go 105+

i actually had him pencilled in to have a big game on the roos, now he has sydney and carlton as his first 2 games he might not go big on them. Should be a good trade in round 4 against the dogs though.

owenbond007

I was always upgrading to sj anyway will come in r9 my last forward upgrade. 

GM

He is as reliable as Buddy to miss games.

Windigo

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/02/18/44-trades-be-careful/

I really like this article.

"Don’t lock yourself into having to make too many planned trades over the course of the season, or you might find that you have painted yourself into a bit of a corner."

Anything can and will happen at any moment. Take the MBR last year, there was basically no point having a 'strategy' as there were too many variables ect.

Planning ahead may be counter productive when the chips are on the table.

Hagebear

Quote from: Windigo on February 18, 2013, 05:37:48 PM

"Don’t lock yourself into having to make too many planned trades over the course of the season, or you might find that you have painted yourself into a bit of a corner."

Anything can and will happen at any moment. Take the MBR last year, there was basically no point having a 'strategy' as there were too many variables ect.

^^^^^ this! Don't use the trades just for the sake of trading. NRoo could well come out and completely stink it up. Or get injured. (Is starting to get pretty fragile in his older years).

Holz

yeah thats the worry i had planned on not goign anywhere near these type of moves, but really want SJ.

May even try Bolton and go to SJ round 2. Or even just pick Buddy than trade him out.

really want SJ but probably a huge waste having him round 1.

lets hope he chalenges it.

Grazz

Agree totally, i have the byes in the back of my mind but im not letting it dictate how i set up to begin with. Injuries and restings stuffed veryones by strategys last year and no doubt there will be more of the same with clubs choosing to give certain players an extra weeks rest. I'll probably go all out getting who i want when i can for overall and wear a donut or two in ceratin bye round and hope like hell i dont drop to much because of it. Decisions decisions. ???

LF

Quote from: Holzman on February 18, 2013, 05:43:41 PM

yeah thats the worry i had planned on not goign anywhere near these type of moves, but really want SJ.

May even try Bolton and go to SJ round 2. Or even just pick Buddy than trade him out.

really want SJ but probably a huge waste having him round 1.

lets hope he chalenges it.

I would if I were Geelong especially based on the footage not long after the incident.

owenbond007

Quote from: greenmoon on February 18, 2013, 05:34:06 PM
He is as reliable as Buddy to miss games.

Yes and you dont wont guys missing games while trying to upgrade and downgrade