Forward rookies :-/

Started by cortez, February 17, 2013, 10:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which do you think are the best three forward rookies this season?

Macaffer
Dick
Neade
Daniher
Mayes
Lee
Lyons
Kerridge
Stringer
Menzel
Jaksch
Staker
Redpath
Membrey
Dwyer
Atkins
B. kennedy
Lamb
McGovern
Newman

cortez

Due to there not being that much depth in the forward line rookie wise i have decided to make this poll of every rookie forward who could have a chance of getting games that i can think of. vote for your top three and hopefully we can figure out the best options :)

cortez

P.S.

If there is anyone i have forgotten please let me know :)

Ricochet

Hard to say at this stage. We will know more in a couple of weeks.
But Macaffer and also Byrnes for a little bit more are my two cheap fwd picks at this stage

cortez

suprised on notmany votes for Daniher. Any reason why?

Colliwobblers

Macaffer by a LONG LONG way due to job security scoring ablity and price.

Then i have Tom Lee and J Neade.

I think Kennedy would be a better scorer than all of them if he played full games however i doubt he will any time soon, Still got Elliot struggling for a place and he was great last season.

back come macaffer and krakuer and ball in comes lynch, russell maybe young and you can't be picking Pies rooks.

the key fwds don't make good cash cows so i'll steer clear of menzel and daniher

but the Brisbane boy even at his price seems to be getting some love around the fantasy world.... might have to take a closer look at him.

gossiboy

Went to school with Rory Atkins so have followed his footy from his days at maribyrnong park to the AIS and cannons and now to the crows. Very good player who would've been an early second round draft pick, can play forward or midfield, won the cannons b&f last year, but has some serious disciplinary issues, got kicked out of the AIS and will have to pull his head in before he plays AFL.

blue

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 17, 2013, 11:58:40 PM

I think Kennedy would be a better scorer than all of them if he played full games however i doubt he will any time soon, Still got Elliot struggling for a place and he was great last season.

back come macaffer and krakuer and ball in comes lynch, russell maybe young and you can't be picking Pies rooks.

the key fwds don't make good cash cows so i'll steer clear of menzel and daniher

but the Brisbane boy even at his price seems to be getting some love around the fantasy world.... might have to take a closer look at him.
is menzel KPP

gossiboy

Quote from: blue on February 18, 2013, 03:21:58 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 17, 2013, 11:58:40 PM

is menzel KPP

Small forward/ midfielder. 100% would've been top 3 pick if not for LARS surgery.

Ringo

Interesting that Staker has quite a number of votes and will more than likely miss at least the first 4 rounds.  Can not see him coming straight back to Seniors will give a game or 2 in the twos.

Mayes is carrying a slight injury Colli. Sat out the intra club trial but will be named in the NAB cup so watch.  Well thought of at the club.

GM

Staker still  has 28% of coaches sitting on him.
We need another fwd rook!

fever

what has staker averaged in the past? roughly what can we expect from him this year?

GM

Quote from: fever on February 18, 2013, 12:28:21 PM
what has staker averaged in the past? roughly what can we expect from him this year?
I would say 60-80 but put him on ice now.

tyronee

Does this prompt one less mid premium and go an extra fwd premo? Far more rookie options in mids

Ricochet

Quote from: tyronee on February 18, 2013, 12:45:22 PM
Does this prompt one less mid premium and go an extra fwd premo? Far more rookie options in mids
Yep pretty much. But there are a few more weeks of NAB cup games so hopefully a fwd or two pop up

hannebery2rohan

Quote from: tyronee on February 18, 2013, 12:45:22 PM

That's what i'm doing. Bit of value in the underpriced defenders as well, so it's possible to get away with a high-end mid price mid like Judd or something too to accomodate an extra premium forward because of the lack of rookies.