ROCKY vs HEPPELL

Started by timtim, February 17, 2013, 08:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

This is a strange one as Rocky was a lock for me however I'm having second thoughts.

So I think Rocky will average 105-110 this year - however with potentially more time in the midfield I think Heppell's average could push closer to 100.

Given Heppell is $70k cheaper I'm thinking of dropping Rocky for a Rookie and using the cash elsewhere/banking it.

Thoughts?

colmullet

not even a contest......at all

strikes91

heppell would be lucky to average 85

FactHunt

Quote from: strikes91 on February 17, 2013, 09:21:41 PM
heppell would be lucky to average 85

Lol... what do you base this on?!?
Heading into his third year, more mid time, turns 21, great ball user, played 22 + 20 games first two years ave 83.5 and 84.1 respectively- obvious he will likely improve.
I'd be VERY surprised if he didn't ave AT LEAST 90 this year. (I'd not be surprised if he pushed up to mid/higher 90's though).

FactHunt

Oh wait... you're the antagoniser in the Cotchin thread.
Damnit, I fell for it.
I'm an idiot.

Jroo

Rockliff easily.
Even in a bad year Rocky averaged 97 which isn't too bad.
If he plays full time midfield, he can average 110, while, Heppell will be lucky to break the 100 mark.

MC

Quote from: FactHunt on February 17, 2013, 09:32:30 PM
Oh wait... you're the antagoniser in the Cotchin thread.
Damnit, I fell for it.
I'm an idiot.

+1
Haha

Ozi_Batla

Rocky will fire again after a quiet last year. Heppel should hold value but I don't see him matching rocky. For what it's worth I've got both

Ricochet

Underpriced Proven Premium vs a Potential Premium...
Proven player every day of the week

shorty3264

Rockliff for sure, as said before his ability to score huge and a pure midfielder, he's proved what he can do. As for for the 85 average for Heppell.....please haha...
Heppell will average 90+

Colliwobblers

Not sure I can have them both at this stage but if I could I would.

Heppell to average 90 -100 just can't know for sure he will play a majority of time in the mids but he is looking like he will.

Rocky to average 115 will go back into the midfield and is a dead set gun ball winning midfielder, the 2 things i heard on last season was he had injury/fitness niggles which made him play fwd more, and the Lions just needed another option up there desperately. He has to go back to the midfield the team did better every time he was in there and so did his fantasy scores ofcourse.

if rocky plays pure mid he will significantly outscore heppell if he plays pure mid. may only be 10 points may be 15, but over a season even 10 points every game is worth every bit of $70K.

still as i said if i can i will have both at DEF 3 and at FWD 1 ( i have 2 fwds which cost more but bet rocky will out average them both).

Good Luck for the season and maybe try fit them both in :)

strikes91

Quote from: shorty3264 on February 17, 2013, 11:17:29 PM
Rockliff for sure, as said before his ability to score huge and a pure midfielder, he's proved what he can do. As for for the 85 average for Heppell.....please haha...
Heppell will average 90+

dreamin

shorty3264

Quote from: strikes91 on February 17, 2013, 11:59:40 PM
Quote from: shorty3264 on February 17, 2013, 11:17:29 PM
Heppell will average 90+

dreamin
No mate, he is a superstar in the making, didn't win the rising star for nothing. Extremely consistently good first two seasons. Watch and learn in 2013 my friend.

T Dog

SydneyRox

Quote from: T Dog on February 18, 2013, 12:04:02 AM
Trying to do both  ;D

+1 both makes sense. rocky will easily out score heppell though