Who's going for a 4 prem mid? Who's going for 5?

Started by EL TIGER, February 17, 2013, 10:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Moloney is my M6,great value for SC and the Lions got for a reason,no probs with JS.
As Ringo says would be happy to have eventually at M10

EL TIGER

Thanks all!!  8)

I have a public league if anyone wants to jump in:

"FanFootyFreaks" invite code: 319711

See if we can get this league into the top 100

EL TIGER

I figure this will be abig POD early in the season for most supercoaches...

So who's going a 4 prem mid? (Ball, Varcoe, maloney don't count as prems)

Who's going a 5 prem mid?

I normally pump as many prems into the mid to get a good start, but the new field set up this year has me a bit on the fence..

Do you get them in now at the cost of one or two prem fwd, Defs?

Or do you count on the mighty mid rookies to eventually lift your team to the final overall rankings chase?

The lack of fwd rookie quallity means for me If I stack my mids with 5 prems, I suffer too much in the fwd line.

Running 4 prem mids means I have excess cash that I can't justify spending elsewhere just yet, but not enough to get me a real quality mid prem...

Defender questions: S. Docherty JS?

Fwd questions: Staker fit for round 1, If not, then whats T.Lees JS like?

Any thoughts welcomed!

batt

It really all depends on the rookies and who gets a round 1 gig.  If I'm comfortable sacrificing a player in either my back or forward lines then I'll gladly do it (currently am with a mid pricer @ D4).

However if rook options are limited everyone will be going mid-pricer crazy.  I figure I'm only going to fill my team with enough mid-pricers to make the gap up elsewhere.

Murph sits at M5 for me atm.  I'm not sold on him at all and looking to make an extra 20k somewhere in my team to get a better premium.

SydneyRox

i would say murph at M5 you have other lines suffering? if you think you team is balanced, i wouldnt risk trying to upgrade murphy

Swan Fan

Daniel Pearce, Craig Bird, Nick Lower or Luke Parker all are worth a thought for that price...   ::)

troy87

I have Fyfe as M5 at the expense of one backline prem. I have Yarran as D4 which has allowed the cash to have Fyfe.

I figure that backman generally score the least so why not get a potential 110-115 player in the mids for a backline prem that at best will be 90-95.

Also Yarran still has the potential to average between 80-95.

ladasp

anyone ealse got monfries in the mix? DPP is handy and in a shower port side could have some decent scoring with midfield time. ATM hes found a spot in my mids.

GM

Quote from: ladasp on February 22, 2013, 02:09:08 PM
anyone ealse got monfries in the mix? DPP is handy and in a shower port side could have some decent scoring with midfield time. ATM hes found a spot in my mids.
No mate,not for me

Vincent

Port have ok mids so monfries wont spend heaps of time there. way too risky

EL TIGER

Quote from: greenmoon on February 22, 2013, 02:26:12 PM
No mate,not for me
+10

EL TIGER

Quote from: troy87 on February 22, 2013, 10:57:51 AM
I have Fyfe as M5 at the expense of one backline prem. I have Yarran as D4 which has allowed the cash to have Fyfe.

I figure that backman generally score the least so why not get a potential 110-115 player in the mids for a backline prem that at best will be 90-95.

Also Yarran still has the potential to average between 80-95.

Good point...

Yarran most popular D4?

Colliwobblers

Ablett - Swan - Pendlebury - JKennedy - JSelwood - Ball

That's me locked and loaded.

Well Dangerfield has a small chance of replacing JSelwood given his much easier start to the season but not likely...

EL TIGER

5 prem mid is a must imo..

Rucks are starting to annoy me now.... :-\

Lueys price is hard to go past but there was a time that the best ruck strategy was a "set and forget"deal e.g. Maric and Sauce...

Luey starting to worry me now  :-\ :'( ???