Stevie j v Rocky

Started by pikla, February 17, 2013, 02:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikla

looking at either SJ or Rocky for my F4. Currently got Rockliff locked in but apparantly SJ did an interviewed tonight and was talking about spending more time in the midfield which now has me considering him. I know SJ has a history of frustration amongst coaches but im thinking that he should put up more consistent scores if he is, in fact, spending more time in the middle.
At roughly the same price, who to go with?

quinny88

Who are your other forwards?

pikla

Quote from: quinny88 on February 17, 2013, 02:59:16 AM
Who are your other forwards?

Franklin, Cox, Ryder, Rocky/SJ, Daniher, Mcaffer (Lee, Rookie)

upthemaidens

Pretty close,, the chances of Rocky playing 22 games is much greater.

Capper

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2013, 03:10:01 AM
Pretty close,, the chances of Rocky playing 22 games is much greater.
+1 and i think Rocky will have a bit more consistency as well

pikla

cheers for the opinions. SJ is so tempting but think i might stick with Rock. was contemplating swapping Ryder for SJ +$50k but think i'll keep ryder as I think he's in for a big year

Mat0369

Quote from: pikla on February 17, 2013, 02:25:06 AM
looking at either SJ or Rocky for my F4. Currently got Rockliff locked in but apparantly SJ did an interviewed tonight and was talking about spending more time in the midfield which now has me considering him. I know SJ has a history of frustration amongst coaches but im thinking that he should put up more consistent scores if he is, in fact, spending more time in the middle.
He said he has been training with the midfield group this off season and will be playing 80% of the time in the midfield. Bartel seemed to be playing more deep forward, so I think he and Bartel may have switched roles, with Bartel spending a lot of time forward and Stevie J running through the guts. I would maybe look at trying to get both in and maybe getting rid of Ryder.

pikla

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 17, 2013, 03:41:04 AM
Quote from: pikla on February 17, 2013, 02:25:06 AM
He said he has been training with the midfield group this off season and will be playing 80% of the time in the midfield. Bartel seemed to be playing more deep forward, so I think he and Bartel may have switched roles, with Bartel spending a lot of time forward and Stevie J running through the guts. I would maybe look at trying to get both in and maybe getting rid of Ryder.

Think ill watch both closely for a couple of weeks and then make the call

Mat0369

Quote from: pikla on February 17, 2013, 03:47:30 AM

The one thing that is a killer with Rockliff is that he will go into the guts for a couple of minutes and then Voss will banish him to deep in the forward line where there is no supply since Brisbane are getting smashed for the rest of the quarter. Was very frustrating having him last season, with the addition of Moloney to the midfield he could spend even more time up forward which could very well harm his scores even further.

Then again I am a sucker and remember the purple patch he had  in the second half of 2011 and have him in my team again.

quinny88

I would get rid of Ryder and have both SJ and Rocky

nrich102

fever

Quote from: pikla on February 17, 2013, 03:36:07 AM
cheers for the opinions. SJ is so tempting but think i might stick with Rock. was contemplating swapping Ryder for SJ +$50k but think i'll keep ryder as I think he's in for a big year

i would explore this contemplation until it comes to fruition.

Hagebear

Yeh I'm having the same dilemma. I think I will start with Rocky as Brisbane have a more favourable early draw and have Stevie J as my first forward upgrade target hopefully by round 9 when the cats have Port, GWS and the GC.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 17, 2013, 03:52:07 AM
Quote from: pikla on February 17, 2013, 03:47:30 AM

The one thing that is a killer with Rockliff is that he will go into the guts for a couple of minutes and then Voss will banish him to deep in the forward line where there is no supply since Brisbane are getting smashed for the rest of the quarter. Was very frustrating having him last season, with the addition of Moloney to the midfield he could spend even more time up forward which could very well harm his scores even further.

Then again I am a sucker and remember the purple patch he had  in the second half of 2011 and have him in my team again.
But he is a forward/mid this year. Last year he would annoy the hell out of us with scores ranging in between 80-100, compared to his amazing year in 2011. Now that we can have him in the forward line, those scores become much better as you don't expect 120+ from your forwards week in week out.

batt

Both are mids, both have a really good ceiling.  Seriously, why not have both?  I have Rocky at F3 and StevieJ at F4.