Started by Mr.Craig, February 16, 2013, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 17, 2013, 12:42:59 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 17, 2013, 12:41:27 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 12:32:26 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 17, 2013, 12:30:22 AM
Wellingham, what role does he appear to be playing? How good is Gaff ;D

Love Gaff, just rather have Priddis in my team over any other Eagles' midfielder.
Priddis no good for DreamTeam
The same Priddis that was a Top 10 mid in 2011?
Sure but we've added the likes of Beams, Watson, Deledio, Cotchin ::) Thompson, without mentioning the Sidey's, Danger's, Fyfe's ect, he could not be a top 10 this year, Gaff, Scooter will out score him

LF

scooter ended up finishing good
McGovern was one of the Eagles best in this game
Hurn played well
Embley was better in this game seemed to play high up the ground in this game

PowerBug

Fair enough tbag. :)

I've started doing the combined scores for the night, should be about 5mins. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Quote from: luvfooty on February 17, 2013, 01:01:14 AM
scooter ended up finishing good
McGovern was one of the Eagles best in this game
Hurn played well
Embley was better in this game seemed to play high up the ground in this game
Really liked the look of McGovern. Wondering if he'll feature in the Eagles' 22, hope he does, could be a nice option.

Nige

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 17, 2013, 01:01:26 AM
Fair enough tbag. :)

I've started doing the combined scores for the night, should be about 5mins. :)

Onya mate, cheers in advance.  :)

LF

He wouldn`t be in our best 22 unfortunately but could get a run this year at some point.

Nails

Shame my boy Razzle Dazzle isn't 60k cheaper. He looked alright tonight, if named rd1 I'd nearly be tempted.

Quote from: luvfooty on February 17, 2013, 01:05:08 AM
He wouldn`t be in our best 22 unfortunately but could get a run this year at some point.

Not even in place of the big Q stick?

Nige

Quote from: luvfooty on February 17, 2013, 01:05:08 AM
Wouldn't expect him to be in the best so quickly, maybe an option later in the season or if someone goes down?

DazBurg

here's my thoughts on tonight's games guys and girl  :)

West Coast Vs Geelong

West Coast
Masten - good early with good clearance work
Embley - got some of it looked good at times but deep play deep in backline (but no hurn or waters in side)
Darling - Kicked goals and lead up well just dominated
Wilson - was quite good in the first half one of the highest possessions winners in first half died out in 2nd half though

Geelong
Varcoe didn't look to good down back but looked more dangerous in 2nd half when switched back forward
Horlin-Smith - got a run in the middle found the ball alot and got to most contests good signs
T.Hubt- looked good when in 2nd half was brought onto a wing
Bartel and selwood - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying
Sheringham - looked quite good and seemed quiet composed

Fremantle Vs Geelong

Fremantle
D.Pearce - had alot of touches especially in the first half but his kicking was quite poor at times (not a problem for DT but for those considering SC may need  to see how he goes next time just to help with decision)
Walkers - looked real sharp crumbed well moved up ground well and show good speed
Barlow and Mzungu - quite the same as bartel and selwood game before - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying

Geelong
Selwood - got the first game out of way and stayed in high gear great game
Horlin-Smith - no where near as prominent this time but could see his efforts of still getting to heaps of contests must have a decent tank on him
Stevie J - played only the 2nd half and got alot of touches running through the middle
M.brown - Presented well and had a few shots on goal his goal kicking let him down though

West Coast Vs Fremantle

West Coast
Priddis- at every contest as his usual self
Embley - with hurn playing the 2nd game embley moved higher up the ground looked good and got a bit of the ball
Wellingham - looks nice and settled at the eagles already and having the first game out of the way (did not play in 1st game) should only improve
Masten - bit quieter but again showed some nice glimpses

Fremantle
wasn't a real lot for them in this game
walters- continued trying and showed some nice signs again

players that done well aswell over both games
Crozier - was lively but not a fantasy prospect really at this stage
Gaff - just went about it getting a fair bit a ball without standing right out (flew under radar)
C.Pearce - was a consistent performer for them in both games probably a toss up between him and walters for best player for the night from dockers that played both games
Enright - as like with selwood/bartel/johnson/priddis done exactly what we come to expect got alot of the ball and proves his still worth the premo price tag despite getting older

Nige

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
Wow, nice write-up Daz!
+1

Daz has been doing a great job so far this pre season have enjoyed reading his write ups over the first two nights.

DazBurg

Quote from: Noz on February 17, 2013, 01:22:04 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 17, 2013, 01:19:45 AM
Wow, nice write-up Daz!
+1

Daz has been doing a great job so far this pre season have enjoyed reading his write ups over the first two nights.
thanks guys
stay tuned for tomorrow then for next edition  ;)

Mr.Craig

Yep, good work Daz. :D

Bit annoyed my boy Hartman didn't get a run.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 17, 2013, 01:30:57 AM
Yep, good work Daz. :D

Bit annoyed my boy Hartman didn't get a run.

I wanted to see him get a go as well, hopefully he appears in their next game.

Noz