Wines & Suckling or Mundy and pittard

Started by Insider out, February 16, 2013, 07:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insider out

Just having a play around with structure. If I give my defence a full house at the expense of Pittard - would it be better than current structure that has pittard at d6. That rookie position would then go to the mids.

simple version is:

Pittard and Mundy vs. Wines and Suckling / Hartlett

I hink numbers say option 2 but job security /predicted games says option 1.

interested in your thoughts

Adamant

Don't go near Suckling.

Pittard (65) + Mundy (100)
Vs
Hartlett (90) + Wines (82)

Option 1 just, although I have Pittard, Hartlett and Wines in my current side.

Nige

Yep, what Ads said. Stay away from Suckling.

Mundy and Pittard all the way.

Noz

As their is a plethora of defence rookies this season playing 1,2 or even 3 rookies on field is not the worst idea.

Nige

Quote from: Noz on February 16, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
As their is a plethora of defence rookies this season playing 1,2 or even 3 rookies on field is not the worst idea.

Your mob are supplying a fair few.  ;D Got Pittard only at the moment. That said, I've had Clurey, Colq, Pittard, Hartlett and Stevenson in my side at one point or another so far.

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on February 16, 2013, 11:16:54 PM

Your mob are supplying a fair few.  ;D Got Pittard only at the moment. That said, I've had Clurey, Colq, Pittard, Hartlett and Stevenson in my side at one point or another so far.
Exciting times ahead to be a Port fan.

Right now i believe Hartlett will start the season on the wing and drift down back when we need him.

Clurey doubted as the next Sam Fisher could very well be a major part of the 2013 season, Since Chaplin left a few people are fighting for his position Blee and O'Shea are others in contetion for the third tall

Nige

Quote from: Noz on February 16, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

Right now i believe Hartlett will start the season on the wing and drift down back when we need him.

Clurey doubted as the next Sam Fisher could very well be a major part of the 2013 season, Since Chaplin left a few people are fighting for his position Blee and O'Shea are others in contetion for the third tall

Heard Hombsch would probably fill Chaplin's position, is that right?

Noz

Quote from: NigeyS on February 16, 2013, 11:26:29 PM
Quote from: Noz on February 16, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

Heard Hombsch would probably fill Chaplin's position, is that right?
I expect him to get first crack at the vacant spot.

Jukes

Wines 84, Suckling 87
vs
Mundy 96, Pittard 73

= 171 vs 169

Would go the first option therefore.

Capper

can people please explain to me how they think Pittard will score so well??

I would go Wines and Suckling every day of the week

Cicjose

lol there are next to no back rookies at all..... hence why terlich is one of the first picked rookie defenders

essendon2

Quote from: tabs on February 17, 2013, 03:30:21 AM
can people please explain to me how they think Pittard will score so well??

I would go Wines and Suckling every day of the week
I wouldn't go Suckling, I'd go Heppell

and no DEF rook will average over 70!

Insider out

Thanks everyone - this is what makes this game and this site great.... all the different opinions!

Suckling is not a given - it would be wines and any defender around that price:
Duff, Hanley, Johson, shaw, Cornes (just kidding)

I am kind of getting comfortable with the 6 premo backs - I think outside of goddard and Gibbs at years end you will be able to throw a blanket over a stack of defenders all finishing around that 85 avg. So start with the backs completed - use that extra rookie spot in the mids where there will be more options and if you pick a dud and more options to replace the said dud.

I think when time comes there will also be more chance to get a quality midfielder keeper discounted. Last year at various stages you could have got Redden, Selwood, Mitchell etc close to 100k under starting price.