Maric - Deleidio, Cotchin and Tuck?

23rookie23

tbagrocks

Quote from: Swallow12 on February 18, 2013, 04:17:56 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 18, 2013, 03:54:30 AM
The Sauce won't go above 105, too many crows to steal points from him

The best Rucks don't have all the gun mids taking points from them
Maric - Deleidio, Cotchin and Tuck?
Walker, Reilly, Wright, probably Smith when he comes in and the big three will our score Richmonds big three

TheAnt

Of course 7 players will out score 3...That's obvious.
Selwood, Shuey, Priddis, Gaff, Cox, Nic Nat?

tbagrocks

Quote from: TheAnt on February 18, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
Of course 7 players will out score 3...That's obvious.
Selwood, Shuey, Priddis, Gaff, Cox, Nic Nat?
Hang on the argument is that rucks score well when other players don't take the points

Gaff, Shuey, Hurn, Waters, Priddis and Selwood ddin't score like the Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Adelaide players

This theory makes total sence, why are people knocking it? :-\  Possibly the WC rucks will be less this year with a rising WC midfield, same with Freo? Same with Richmond? Same with Sydney? Same with North?

So basically we should all pick McEvoy ::)

MC

To be honest I feel that your theory has a few flaws. I've outlined some of my thoughts below.

1. A team that has excellent midfielders would most likely be adding points to their ruckman. Consider this: An effective hit out is made much more effective, and given more weight (SC-wise) if the midfielder uses that ball well.

2. If a ruckman is mobile enough (ie NicNat) then he can be used as a link-up man between the midfielders as the ball is moved up and down the ground.

3. Ruckman that are relatively old, slow and set in their ways (ie Jolly) who gave away multiple free kicks last year for holding the man are going to be royally screwed this year, given their inability to grapple before the ball leaves the umpires hands. This could free up MORE points for those midfielders who will be doing the same amount of work (if not more through winning the contested ball)

All of these reasons give weight to the suggestion that ruckmen in the next few years will be very quickly turned over (Mumford/Cox/Jolly etc) and the new breed of much more agile rucks will come to the fore. 

tbagrocks

Yeah nthere are floors

In 2011, Mumford, Goldstein, Samdilands, Cox, Berger were the best scoring rucks, their teams mids and other positions didn't take huge numbers away

ubeaut

Mummy and Burger are a bargain duo. 485 odd plus 300 odd = 785 for 2 potentially premium rucks. OR 1200 for two top premium rucks. Hope everyone stays away from Mumford. Sandilands would be my first choice but dollars and structure won't allow. plus the fact that Mummy can pump out 90 - 100 +(or more) for 485.  Bargain.

Frankfaust1

Jacka33

Quote from: Frankfaust on February 20, 2013, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: blue on February 18, 2013, 03:18:55 AM
Quote from: Jacka33 on February 17, 2013, 01:09:06 PM

so what are the thoughts on warnock then?

Bump.

I'm interested in thoughts on this as well.

Warnock is too expensive, too injury prone and i tend to steer clear of teams with more than 1 decent Ruckman. West Coast is the exception to this rule as NicNat and Cox are amazing.

Southstorm

Quote from: Jacka33 on February 17, 2013, 01:09:06 PM
Matthew Kreuzer

Personally I'd steer clear of him, had his best year to date last year with an average of 92.3

This was when fellow ruckman at Carlton Robert Warnock only played 5 games, which when you have a look affected Kreuzer's scores dramatically. When choosing a dominant ruckman you want to make sure that they will get just as much ruck time as the previous year if not more, and I don't like Kreuzer's odds.

Avoid unless Warnock goes out of the picture completely.
Mick Malthouse does like to have only one ruck...

sj9177

Any vibe on Tom Hickey from the saints (Ex GC)

Word is hes killing it and will be in round 1

Awkward price at 300k ish

quinny88

Quote from: sj9177 on February 21, 2013, 01:33:22 PM
Any vibe on Tom Hickey from the saints (Ex GC)

Word is hes killing it and will be in round 1

Awkward price at 300k ish

Way to awkward and not good news for anyone looking at Mcevoy

Frankfaust1

Hey Jacka, Do you have a view about mumford? Especially direct comparison with Goldy?