Any Surprises from NAB cup games so far????

Started by Mark, February 15, 2013, 11:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: luvfooty on February 16, 2013, 01:55:06 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 16, 2013, 01:50:57 AM
Biggest surprise for me was the amount of ordinary haircuts doing the rounds  :o

have to agree with you here quinny the hairdo`s were pretty out there

Haha terrible. Get the clippers out and shave the lot of em' military style I say!

thefuzz

Higgins got the bandaid icon.
I mean seriously, who could have predicted that?!

quinny88

Quote from: thefuzz on February 16, 2013, 02:13:51 AM
Higgins got the bandaid icon.
I mean seriously, who could have predicted that?!

haha typical hey. Only a cramp though

thefuzz

Dayze

Watched the first two games and thought Hibberd and Dempsey were outstanding in the first. Lower was prominent

LF

meow meow

The most important thing to take note of in tonight's games wasn't in a game at all. It was during the interview with Luke Ball. He said he has lost speed and his running isn't where he hoped it would be.

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 16, 2013, 03:21:19 AM
The most important thing to take note of in tonight's games wasn't in a game at all. It was during the interview with Luke Ball. He said he has lost speed and his running isn't where he hoped it would be.

Yeah I heard that. He has never been a running player though so not sure how much it will affect him as he does most of his work in and under the packs anyway

mpollock

B.Goodes must be a lock assuming he gets promoted.  Not that many rookie back options.

Macaffer must close to a lock given his price ... he won't average 100 or anything but should be a solid cash cow and get more games then options like Lee, Murdock and Membrey for example.

Swan and Pendles are basically locks ... pay not attention to their NAB form.

Martin will be fighting it our with Dwyer for the last spot on the Colliingwood senior list.  I am assuming of course that Hudson will get the nod so their will only be one place left.

Not a whole lot to take from the game really ...

Heppell and Hibbert both MAY take the next step but i was not entirely convinced enough to put either in my team.
Dempsey teased as always but just don't trust he won't get injured again.

Ryder showed us he is overpriced ... so a definate no.

Bellchambers showed a bit ... but at that price you would have to look at Kruizer, Mumford and Goldstein in the NAB as well.

LF

Based on tonights performance Martin would have to get the nod before dwyer.

Capper

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 16, 2013, 01:13:32 AM
Was there any SuperCoach scoring? ???
no they dont do SC scoring for the first round, they didnt last year either

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on February 16, 2013, 04:12:49 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 16, 2013, 01:13:32 AM
Was there any SuperCoach scoring? ???
no they dont do SC scoring for the first round, they didnt last year either
Way to spend your 1.3 bilion Andrew ::) love how a few of us can see the pre-season cup

tkringle

Russell surprised me with his skill and ball finding ability.

Anyone expect him to get back to his 2010 form? Priced at 266K..

nightwalker_1310au

Yeah I'm tempted to pick him up. But will wait to see what average he collects for all nab games before jumping onto him.

DazBurg

Quote from: tkringle on February 16, 2013, 05:22:44 AM
Russell surprised me with his skill and ball finding ability.

Anyone expect him to get back to his 2010 form? Priced at 266K..
i had him locked in for both atm before the game started and after watching him feel a little ore confident
but in saying that was he so good i the 2nd game because the nerves were out of the way or was they leaving heath shaw out of it open him up more? is what i was wondering a little to myself