WHAT WOULD YOU DO/CHANGE I WILL CHEER

Started by dejan, February 15, 2013, 04:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejan

Hey guys thank goodness dream team is back even though its done my head in.
i just need some advice.
iwas thinking of getting rid of Bartel for like a rookie or even embleey to free up the cash and spend it else where.
also is it important to have the dpp links?

this is my team if you thinks its weak or not bad let me know.

backs:GODDARD, GIBBS, BIRCHAL,PITTARD, COLQHON,GOODES (L STEVENSON, TERLICH)
MIDS: SWAN, ABLET, BOYD, WATSON, PENDLES, BARTEL, VINEY ( WINES, OMEARA)
RUCK:COX, LEUNBERGER ( CURRIE, OSBORNE)
FWDS: FRANKLIN, STEVIE J, ROKLIFF,STRINGER MAYES KERRIDGE( T LEE, J LAMB)

THANKS

shorty3264

Hey mate, You've picked really quality premo's for a start which is great. I do agree with you on Bartel, I'd only be taking Jimmy in the forward line, if that, maybe downgrade him to Koby Stevens or a rookie, then upgrade one of those forward youngsters, to a premo. I think having those three unpredictable youngsters (both form and games) is very risky. Look to upgrade them.

Toga

I agree with shorty - quality premiums mate! :D

A big suggestion I would like to make would be to trade Bartel for a midfield rookie like Oli Wines, and use the money you gain from that trade to upgrade Kerridge and Lee to two of Knights/Byrnes/JJ Kennedy. This is because I don't think the fwd rookies will be as good as we initially thought this year, and will struggle for games, so you need as many premiums/mid pricers on the field in your fwds as possible 8)

I would also get rid of Sammy Colq, almost no chance of playing this season imo - maybe try Sam Docherty :)

But otherwise looks pretty good mate!

dejan

thanks for that guys much appreciated
yer i have wines who else should get regular games.
last year i had jpk in my mids and didnt do me wrong u think i should try and get him or dangerfield for one of the premos i have now to save cash

Toga

Oops sorry I missed Wines :P Maybe try Jesse Lonergan, Nathan Hrovat, Brad Crouch or someone?

If I was you I'd actually consider trading OUT: Watson and IN: Danger/Redden/Ebert

dejan

is that just to save money or u think he wont have as good of a season as last year.
i like beams but i duno what ball might do to him

dejan

do i need a dpp link to fwds and mids or with the amount of trades this year we be fine

GM

No De,
Imo it's not as important this year with the extra trades but also only 18 scoring during the byes.In previous years you needed them during the byes.
The team looks good mate,
i would prob down grade Bartel to Wines,upgrade Birchall to Stanley or Grimes.
Docherty in def prob. for Colquhoun.
With the cash from mid downgrade you could definitely get a Byrnes & Varcoe in for Kerridge & Lamb.

dejan

is byrnes good and trust worthy i know he just kicked 5 goals but same as varcoe

GM

Byrnes is in the leadership group at melb now.
Even before today he was a lock imo
His js is secure and wouldn't be a vest candidate unless injured.

Varcoe we haven't seen yet but all reports is he is flying.
Best pre season he has had,running freely and will be coming off the half back flank for run and carry.

B.S

DPP not important, get jimmy up front and go from there. wait for NAB with rookies

betch ya

i think moloney should be a good pick up for for $300K. id trade bartel > moloney. vlasutin gets a pretty good write up or docherty - trade to one of these two for colquhon. turn a couple of those fwd's into mid pricers: kennedy, varcoe, byrnes, krakouer (he may be a vest chance tho). with the good Mid's you have already picked up i think you can afford to run with an underpriced mid. so this would be a boyd/watson to a redden or murphy. pretty good team as is tho.