Shannon Byrnes

Started by ben_020285, February 15, 2013, 02:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Kicked 5 goals in the intra club match today for the Dees and racked up plenty of possessions.

Obviously have to take it with a grain of salt as it's just a scratch match but he could be excellent value at just $230,100 this year.

Won't be a keeper but could be an excellent cash cow and a much better alternative to a rookie which are so hard to find in the forward line this year.

Hippo

... Stock and two smoking barrels

GM

Not unique any more unfortunately.
Should of saved that one for rd1.

Griffo1982

Is Varcoe a better option or is it just a matter of personal preference between the 2?

GM

Have to wait and see mate,but Byrnes has a lot things in his favour.

The_Captain

I believe he can average a solid 75-85. Could be a good stepping stone to a premo early.

GM

Quote from: noto07 on February 15, 2013, 02:51:01 PM
I believe he can average a solid 75-85. Could be a good stepping stone to a premo early.
+1 Notto.Melbs early draw will help him fatten sooner imo.

thewizz

Had him locked for a while now. Should play every game, part of the leadership group, so long as he can get on his left he should be good.

fever

apparently kicked 5 in the 1st half of club praccy match today

Hippo

Quote from: fever on February 15, 2013, 04:58:51 PM
apparently kicked 5 in the 1st half of club praccy match today
Yeah i think i have read that somewhere before  ::)

fever

haha i didnt read the OP, just jumped straight on and posted.

<---- forum fail

Hippo

haha happens to the best of us

quinny88

As good as this is I actually looked at it as a bit of a negative because I assume this means he played deep forward the entire game. He wont kick 5 goals in a real game. Needs to play much more midfield to score well.
They did have Dawes, Howe and Clarke all watching on the sidelines so hopefully this was the reason for him being forced to play forward the whole game. Hopefully he plays more mid in the nab cup and tears it up

Griffo1982

Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2013, 06:04:22 PM
As good as this is I actually looked at it as a bit of a negative because I assume this means he played deep forward the entire game. He wont kick 5 goals in a real game. Needs to play much more midfield to score well.
They did have Dawes, Howe and Clarke all watching on the sidelines so hopefully this was the reason for him being forced to play forward the whole game. Hopefully he plays more mid in the nab cup and tears it up
+1

Hippo

Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2013, 06:04:22 PM
Following it live this morning he was also quoted as being used as a link up man through the middle from back plays