how many players from one team is to many??

Started by ando_10, February 15, 2013, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ando_10

got 4 lions players and was gonna roll the dice with redden as another lion to make it 5 and i think that is way to many. got docherty, staker, luenberger and rockliff i know i may not be the only one with this issue.

like to get everyones thoughts.

Ricochet

Swan
Pendles
Beams
Sidey
Shaw

5 wasn't too many last year
Obviously the Pies midfield is stronger than Brissie's but yeh, point still stands.
Pick players you think will go well, don't over complicate it.

Ringo

As Richo says it does not really matter.

You start with a team that has capacity to make money to upgrade players so assuming Docherty and Staker will be upgraded during the season when they max out. Aim is to finish with strongest possible team and if that includes 5 or 6 from one team so be it. 

gossiboy

Swallow12

Really its irrelevant as ricochet showed.. And 4 of those will be common picks for a lot of teams, and don't forgot how many Giants and Suns we have started with the last two seasons!

upthemaidens

Think the question should be 'How many premiums in each line from one team is too many"?

Across your whole team I dont think there really is too many, but remember the byes.
  The other thing is  i.e. if you have 8+ players from a single team and they get flogged, your weekly score could be butchered.

Ricochet

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 15, 2013, 01:52:35 PM
Think the question should be 'How many premiums in each line from one team is too many"?

Across your whole team I dont think there really is too many, but remember the byes.
  The other thing is  i.e. if you have 8+ players from a single team and they get flogged, your weekly score could be butchered.
or on the other side, if they smash a bottom 4 side your weekly score could be massive  :P

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ricochet on February 15, 2013, 02:02:16 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 15, 2013, 01:52:35 PM

or on the other side, if they smash a bottom 4 side your weekly score could be massive  :P
Yes thats true too,,  So I guess its a question that has NO anwser... :P

ando_10

haha. i think i just wont worry about it.  thanks lads

The_Captain

5 will be fine. I have 4 at the moment. May be 5 by seasons start also :)

colmullet

those are fine, the two rookies your not looking at premium scores from them anyway...even though it would be nice :p

bottlemart

23 players from the one side would be too much because there would be one guy not getting a game.

You could play 6 port rookies for a start, plus hartlett to make 7 from the power.

You could easily play 15 from west coast and freo combined if you want, starting with a ruck combo of cox and sandilands, and then slot nic nat fwd when he returns.  Throw in priddis, selwood, gaff, fyfe, mundy, kennedy, lecras, embly, waters, hurn, duffield, de boer, and anyone else you like.

In fact throw in ablett and o'meara from CGS, crouch and tex from the crows, staker and rocky from the lions, jpk from the swans, a couple of gws rookies, and have an all interstate team who would do very well.

That's it.  I'm clearing my team and calling it outside victoria.  Damm it.  can i still have jack viney.  maybe not.

Simple answer.  No rules on this.  Pick the best players, and the ones who will go up in price.

upthemaidens

Quote from: bottlemart on February 17, 2013, 09:14:40 PM

Simple answer.  No rules on this.  Pick the best players, and the ones who will go up in price.
Unless you are going for overall, then you need to have some sort of 'Bye' strategy structure. 
If you are Just going for 'League' win, then yeah you can pick whomever.

Keeper27

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 18, 2013, 01:50:54 AM
Quote from: bottlemart on February 17, 2013, 09:14:40 PM
Unless you are going for overall, then you need to have some sort of 'Bye' strategy structure. 

no you dont, i dont understand why everyone is so worked up about the byes.

you're gonna end up changing half your team come bye time anyways.
trading out cashed up rookies and underperforming stars and bringing in fringe rookies and underpriced premos.

that will ruin any bye strategy you had planned from Rnd 1. as long as you have the minimum 18 players come bye time who cares.