Main Menu

DPP as midfilders

Started by m_zulian, February 15, 2013, 08:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_zulian

Brisbane player S.Mayes (f/c) and Richmond player N.Vlastuin (b/c) chosen as midfielders allows DPP without using a trade. I will miss out on starting with midfielders such as Wines and Crouch if they are named for round 1. I know this year there are plenty more trades but it may mean avoiding a donut and allow me to trade in a premium at a bargain price where otherwise I could be forced to use 2 trades due to injury, suspension, general soreness, players stupidity (eg. Heath Shaw).
What are your thoughts?

nostradamus

You're over thinking it, in the mids you really need to get the best scoring rookies in.....thats where the big bucks are made.

What your saying is right about flexibility, but with the change in rules for this season the impotance of it is seriousy diminished

elephants

Yep agree with nost, make money asap in the mids!!

Nails

You say it'll allow you to trade in a premium...

How so?

You can trade any midfield rook for a premium?

And you have to remember now that after last year when they allowed DPP trades, you could st Vlaustin in the fwds, trade a mid rookie out and bring him into mids? IDK I forgot how it works, but yeah... I might be stupid right now, but I see just about zero advantage.

You almost sound concerned about wasting/using trades... If you don't use them you lose them.

I don't get how having them really makes it easier... Yes you can swap players around... But I don't get it?  :-\

How does it help? Explain further please

I understand this is likely a really basic concept, but I'm struggling haha.

SilentBob

The point is that midfield rookies tend to score higher than those that spend a decent amount of their time elsewhere on the ground, so assuming a similar number of games, you'd expect someone like Wines to gain more value quicker than someone like Vlastuin. As a result, you are then able to make the trade Wines--> premium a few rounds earlier than a Vlastuin--> Premium ... and therefore increase your weekly scores sooner.

m_zulian

Quote from: Nails on February 17, 2013, 11:40:21 PM
You say it'll allow you to trade in a premium...

How so?

You can trade any midfield rook for a premium?

And you have to remember now that after last year when they allowed DPP trades, you could st Vlaustin in the fwds, trade a mid rookie out and bring him into mids? IDK I forgot how it works, but yeah... I might be stupid right now, but I see just about zero advantage.

You almost sound concerned about wasting/using trades... If you don't use them you lose them.

I don't get how having them really makes it easier... Yes you can swap players around... But I don't get it?  :-\

How does it help? Explain further please

I understand this is likely a really basic concept, but I'm struggling haha.
[/quote

what i meant about trading in a premium at a bargain price is that if I am forced to use my two trades I may miss out in getting a premium when he has a low b/e or even miss out on trading in a rookie before his first price rise.
About the DPP trades. If you have a player with DPP in the midfield and another player with the same DPP in another position you can swap these players WITHOUT using a trade.

Nails

Well if you're worried about having to use 2 trades for injuries... Just use them to trade in your bargain price premiums.

Injury player > Bargain premium

Can't afford it?

One player > bubble rook

injury > bargain premium

Your DPP as you said it doesn't really provide any advantage.

T Dog

The DPP benefit will be apparent if you are working on a trading plan, using the bubble etc to upgrade . If a hiccup occurs it may be handy to bench an injury and continue on with what you had in mind rather than risk a price jump for e.g. I know this sounds a bit formal but with 2 trades a week you really dont want to be bouncing around the trades soley based on who is benched, rested or gets a short term injury. I will have a swingman on each line. Then again I wont be anywhere near winning the car... :'(

mezzoculo

Personally, I'm not going to focus on DPP at the start of the season but will upgrade accordingly so that my final team has DPP links across each line.

m_zulian

Quote from: mezzoculo on February 19, 2013, 02:43:05 PM
Personally, I'm not going to focus on DPP at the start of the season but will upgrade accordingly so that my final team has DPP links across each line.

This may be the way to go! DPP will become increasingly important towards the end of the year.

Nails

It doesn't really help so much though.

All you gain is Vlaustin as an extra defender cover or whatever

You really only gain 1 extra player for cover, it's not that huge.