Main Menu

What was the first sport you played

Started by tbagrocks, February 15, 2013, 01:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Soccer for like 8 years, is my longest sport I was involved in. Cricket for about 5, Footy for a year and now I only play Table Tennis (6 years)

T Dog

Table Tennis and Basketball.
Before you say soft.....Broke a leg playing table tennis and an arm playing basketball..now that's soft.. :-[

Windigo

May I ask how?

I don't think I've ever done an injury while playing TT. Maybe a few cut/bruised fingers.  :P

T Dog

Went the big slam , jumped off the floor for the power shot, came down on side of my ankle and fractured the bone. Even got laughed at when getting xrays done.... ;D

Windigo

Haha, I've tried a few of them. Did look the fool when I missed the ball on one.  ::)

Grazz

Swimming was the first sport i took up through the school i was at at the time.

GM

Footy,Footy & Footy.
When i was 6 i played in the under 10's at school.
I grew up in the Norwood/Sturt area supporting the mighty Port magpies.
The Good Old Days.

Holz

bit of an interesting one for australia but Tee-Ball

went to auskick shortly after that.

Played fotty and tee-ball/baseball from 4-12.

Just got back into football at the age of 22, 10 years out of the game hasnt done wonders for my kicking.

GM

Quote from: T Dog on February 15, 2013, 12:38:44 PM
Went the big slam , jumped off the floor for the power shot, came down on side of my ankle and fractured the bone. Even got laughed at when getting xrays done.... ;D
Lol great story mate,hows the ankle now?

T Dog

Things knit easily when your in mid teens..just a six week plaster cast and never an issue  8)

GM

Quote from: T Dog on February 15, 2013, 01:27:27 PM
Things knit easily when your in mid teens..just a six week plaster cast and never an issue  8)
I broke a bone in my foot at 18 playing footy & i started getting arthritis in it at 25.Bone never healed properley,it should have been pinned.Now its like a big knot on top of my foot & i limp around often.Might need to get in touch with that bloke at the bombers.lol

upthemaidens

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 15, 2013, 02:29:06 AM
Nothing unique yet, nobody's done any bull fighting as a kid? MMA? Down hill skiing? Polo? Chess?
Think Badmington may have been the first sport I played (atleast leant to do at a club) , guess I was no older than 6 or 7.  Thats not including backyard cricket or kicking around a footy at pre-school or something.
   Is that unique enough?  :)

Ricochet

Was footy first, then added basketball, then added cricket, then dropped cricket, then dropped basketball haha
As you get older its hard to keep playing more than 1 or 2 sports

My Chumps

Dudge

Started with soccer, and ended with soccer (for a club out of school). At school played , cricket, which i was rubbish at - footy i was very average, and soccer, which i was above avarage (for school soccer ) When i was 12, i was playing under 18s soccer with my two older brothers (only because they did'nt have enough players), so had to learn quick