Main Menu

What was the first sport you played

Started by tbagrocks, February 15, 2013, 01:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Simple question, I think ??? haha

Mine was cricket just before Basketball, also did Orienteering whan I was young but not sure how young when I started ???

Capper

Mine was actually tennis and i think i was 4 when i started.

Bill Manspeaker

always played cricket in the backyard with mum and dad when i was like 3-4, first sport i remember playing against other people was kanga cricket when i was in primary school, not sure on age

Spinking

Basketball, but I think they called it Joey-ball or something like that for kids under 5.

Ziplock

I used to play heaps of games with my cousin as a really small kid like soccer, touch footy etc...

they were 3,4 and 5 years older than me... and when you're only like 3 or 4 years old, that's a big difference... I spent years losing everything :P

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ziplock on February 15, 2013, 01:50:11 AM
I used to play heaps of games with my cousin as a really small kid like soccer, touch footy etc...

they were 3,4 and 5 years older than me... and when you're only like 3 or 4 years old, that's a big difference... I spent years losing everything :P

builds character mate ;)

Ziplock

turned me into an athletic monster before I got injured :P

I'm not using hyperbole either, I was a freak :P

Capper

Quote from: tabs on February 15, 2013, 01:07:18 AM
Mine was actually tennis and i think i was 4 when i started.
ok just to clarify that i played a lot of sports when i was younger but Tennis was the firs one that i had coaching. I was 4 when i had my first coaching lesson. I had great hand eye co-ordination as a kid, still have it now but slowly going

LF

Mine was little atheletics for about 3yrs
Then I did ten pin bowling for awhile
Then I played netball for about 4yrs
Then played basketball when I was 15 all the way up until I had to quit because of a now 14yr boy
Also played darts for a couple of years.
At one stage I was playing darts on Monday's then basketball Wednesday's and Friday's

Now I wonder where all my energy has gone

tbagrocks

Nothing unique yet, nobody's done any bull fighting as a kid? MMA? Down hill skiing? Polo? Chess?

kilbluff1985

cant really remember

played grass/turf Hockey for 5 years try getting hit in the balls with one of those balls that build character :-X

#wishiwaswearingacup

Mr.Craig

Cricket.

My mate and I (with the help of our media teacher who happened to be test umpire Daryl Harper) started up our school's first ever team. One match sticks out in my mind...we pummeled the opposition for 211 runs off our 30 overs then came out and dismissed them for 10!  :o

Nige

I think the first sport I played was cricket when I was like 8. It was U11's too. And there I was, this short, skinny kid trying to hang with like 10/11 year olds. They loved me though, even if I did do nothing for the team.  ::)

ossie85

Ringo

Cricket seems to be the popular first one -  Started playing cricket first up for about 2 years, then advanced to Rugby League in winter, did some Tennis and Hockey for 2 years.

Like love wondered where all our energy goes.

Did this one Saturday
Started with a 10 mile (16klms) walkathon raising money for the School assembly hall.
Played a full match of Hockey in the afternoon
Then Played a Rugby League Match that night.

Would be flat out doing the 10mile walk now let alone the competitive sports.