Main Menu

Caro on Footy Classified

Started by owenbond007, February 14, 2013, 11:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Cruiseon on February 18, 2013, 07:56:32 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2013, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: owenbond007 on February 14, 2013, 11:57:49 PM
Caro talks and reports more smack than than any other media outlet in the world. I never seen so much shower come out of anyones mouth ever, and i witnessed a mate spew shower once.

Before I checked, I knew you were going to be an Essendon supporter.. I was correct lol.

Everyone whinges about Carro, Hutchy, Barrett, Robbo, all of them.. but they are the best AFL journalists in the country. They get the best interviews, break the stories first and are the leading writers in the major papers.. but because they say controversial things about certain people and clubs (which is their job) people decide they hate them and take it personally.

Carro isnt the lead sports writter for the Age for no reason. There is a very, very long list of journalists trying to get that job and obviously she is viewed as the best or they wouldn't have her there.
I reckon she does a pretty good job and doesn't tip toe around subjects she just says it how it is so people dont like her.
Then you have someone like Gary Llyon who is happy to talk about all subjects and be opinionated until Melbourne or someone he is friends with are mentioned and he goes all defensive or wont make comments. I would rather someone who tells it like it is

I disagree Quinny. Caroline Wilson is not amongst the best, she does not break stories anymore, all she does is take a current topic and spin it negatively.  She does not do any investigative journalism as Barrot, Emma Qualye and Jake Niall all do as she perfers the cheapened currency of talk back radio or entertainer on couch shows.

She has no vision, she doesn't actually keep peple accountable. And that is fine but you can't be taken seriously in print if that is your format (Patrick Smith is the same).

yeah quinny doubt you could find many people that agree with you about Caro if they are Essendon supporters or not

And your logic about her being top dog at the Sun is flawed just look at Demetriou

quinny88

Lets be honest. She wouldnt be on footy classified if she knew nothing about nothing.
People just hate journalists, and she is an easy target being that she is a female and overly opinionated and personal with her claims

Mat0369

So I heard they were sacking Carro during the week. She is not on tonight, coincidence?

tbagrocks

Nope, that's not true

See Hutchy's comment on Tanking being surely a good thing? :o  ::)

Mat0369

I heard at the end she will be back next week. Jeff Kennett did a pretty good job I thought

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 22, 2013, 01:23:15 AM
I heard at the end she will be back next week. Jeff Kennett did a pretty good job I thought

Didn't mind Jeff at all tonight, Hutchy needs the boot and Damien should take his chair.

tbagrocks

Rucci, Cornes, Rowey and Nuckles

Seriously though, Malthouse, Rucci, Newman, Bruce (Precious)

Cruiseon

Quote from: quinny88 on February 20, 2013, 06:07:07 PM
Lets be honest. She wouldnt be on footy classified if she knew nothing about nothing.
People just hate journalists, and she is an easy target being that she is a female and overly opinionated and personal with her claims

Quinny I don't hate journos, but if I want a dull negative opinion piece I'll speak with my mates. If she actually broke proper stories then I'd be on board. As for the female thing, that is wrong. Emma Quayle is developing into a great journo & I quite like Kelly Underwood on ABC Grandstand with Francis Leach (not so much as a commentator).

SydneyRox

Journos are all there to say this to illicit a response, so we talk about it or watch/read about it.

Caro is as opinionated as Robbo, Walls, Hutchie etc etc. I have disliked these guys once or twice, then gone back to liking them. Except for walls who is a toss pot

Grazz

Tbh id rather Caro than Hutchy.

Mat0369

Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 04:45:03 PM

Hutchy used to break some big stories but has done nothing in the last two years. They are slowly phasing him out as well. He has been replaced by Damo on the footy show, does not say anywhere near as much as he used to on Footy Classified and what he does say now is just pure crap. I would rather them both be replaced.

I actually did not mind Grant Thomas and have no idea why they got rid of him.

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 22, 2013, 07:15:58 PM
Quote from: Grazz on February 22, 2013, 04:45:03 PM

Hutchy used to break some big stories but has done nothing in the last two years. They are slowly phasing him out as well. He has been replaced by Damo on the footy show, does not say anywhere near as much as he used to on Footy Classified and what he does say now is just pure crap. I would rather them both be replaced.

I actually did not mind Grant Thomas and have no idea why they got rid of him.

Gotta agree and i also liked Grant aswell, i think i just find it easier to listen to those that have been there and done it and speak from experience even if i didnt always agree but with Hutchy who's never been at the coal face i found i had very little respect and all to often he made jerk statements because he'd never had any real experience, you or i could do that. Anyone that sooks that he has to be the one to throw to more of the add breaks to gain more airtime looses me forever tbh.

quinny88

Hutchys only role on the show seems to be to try and get under Carro's skin and get a reaction out of her about something. He's a sh*t stirrer. Only good thing he ever did was kick that beautiful goal in the legends game a couple of years ago

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:33:50 AM
Hutchys only role on the show seems to be to try and get under Carro's skin and get a reaction out of her about something. He's a sh*t stirrer. Only good thing he ever did was kick that beautiful goal in the legends game a couple of years ago

Fluke haha. :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 02:33:50 AM
He has nothing on that rascal tbag, at least tbag if funny and is clearly not a jerk ::)