Main Menu

Caro on Footy Classified

Started by owenbond007, February 14, 2013, 11:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owenbond007

Caro talks and reports more smack than than any other media outlet in the world. I never seen so much shower come out of anyones mouth ever, and i witnessed a mate spew shower once.

tbagrocks

Caro over the arrogant di*****d Hutchy and his mate Barrott

owenbond007

C grade reporters. Good to see mr. Lyon put that witch in her place when she questioned his credibility. Lloydy is the man.

Spinking

Thought her and Lyon were going to come to blows tonight. Never sure though whether it is just for show - they seem to calm down pretty quick...

Capper

dont ruin it for me, it starts in 40 mins here

Ziplock

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 14, 2013, 11:57:49 PM
Caro talks and reports more smack than than any other media outlet in the world. I never seen so much shower come out of anyones mouth ever, and i witnessed a mate spew shower once.
...?

tbagrocks

Footy Classified over, Lloyd and Lyon should be coaching, Hutchy should be ignored, Talking footy should return monday nights, the footy show should be on right now in february

Footy should be live on 7 in the pre-season, flower you Demetriou, fox nazi's and 7, thanks for selling your soul

owenbond007

Quote from: Ziplock on February 15, 2013, 01:56:42 AM
...?
yeah he slammed down a 1.125L bottle of vodka. Skulled a near straight glass was sick not long after. There was a foul smell coming from toilet were he laid. His spew was brown. We were going to take him to the hospital. Looked it up and apparently if you have a bowel blockage it's possible.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Spinking on February 15, 2013, 01:14:26 AM
Thought her and Lyon were going to come to blows tonight. Never sure though whether it is just for show - they seem to calm down pretty quick...
Of course its just a TV show, These people are just playing roles.
   It would be pretty boring(well more boring) if they all agreed with each other and there was no conflict.

Whats the old saying in news, "If it bleeds, it leads"

Windigo

Talking about vomit and Wilson in the same thread, about right I'd say.  8)

quinny88

Before I checked, I knew you were going to be an Essendon supporter.. I was correct lol.

Everyone whinges about Carro, Hutchy, Barrett, Robbo, all of them.. but they are the best AFL journalists in the country. They get the best interviews, break the stories first and are the leading writers in the major papers.. but because they say controversial things about certain people and clubs (which is their job) people decide they hate them and take it personally.
Carro isnt the lead sports writter for the Age for no reason. There is a very, very long list of journalists trying to get that job and obviously she is viewed as the best or they wouldn't have her there.
I reckon she does a pretty good job and doesn't tip toe around subjects she just says it how it is so people dont like her.
Then you have someone like Gary Llyon who is happy to talk about all subjects and be opinionated until Melbourne or someone he is friends with are mentioned and he goes all defensive or wont make comments. I would rather someone who tells it like it is

Cruiseon

Quote from: quinny88 on February 15, 2013, 07:15:07 PM

Before I checked, I knew you were going to be an Essendon supporter.. I was correct lol.

Everyone whinges about Carro, Hutchy, Barrett, Robbo, all of them.. but they are the best AFL journalists in the country. They get the best interviews, break the stories first and are the leading writers in the major papers.. but because they say controversial things about certain people and clubs (which is their job) people decide they hate them and take it personally.
Carro isnt the lead sports writter for the Age for no reason. There is a very, very long list of journalists trying to get that job and obviously she is viewed as the best or they wouldn't have her there.
I reckon she does a pretty good job and doesn't tip toe around subjects she just says it how it is so people dont like her.
Then you have someone like Gary Llyon who is happy to talk about all subjects and be opinionated until Melbourne or someone he is friends with are mentioned and he goes all defensive or wont make comments. I would rather someone who tells it like it is

I disagree Quinny. Caroline Wilson is not amongst the best, she does not break stories anymore, all she does is take a current topic and spin it negatively.  She does not do any investigative journalism as Barrot, Emma Qualye and Jake Niall all do as she perfers the cheapened currency of talk back radio or entertainer on couch shows.

She has no vision, she doesn't actually keep peple accountable. And that is fine but you can't be taken seriously in print if that is your format (Patrick Smith is the same).

tbagrocks

Is investigative journalism where some snake like Barrett waits outside say, Fev's house and attemps to get a story as he gets into his car?

That would be more trolling wouldn't it? I hate journo's!

Spite

Quote from: owenbond007 on February 15, 2013, 09:55:45 AM

yeah he slammed down a 1.125L bottle of vodka. Skulled a near straight glass was sick not long after. There was a foul smell coming from toilet were he laid. His spew was brown. We were going to take him to the hospital. Looked it up and apparently if you have a bowel blockage it's possible.

...dude...wtf.

Mat0369

The only sources Carro has are in the pantry at home. She does not break stories, she just writes opinion pieces which have no backing, are severely ill informed and spread her own agenda. The fact she tried attacking Garry Lyon and his credibility when she has none herself shows how much ish she is full of. Why do you think North Melbourne don't invite her to their press conferences anymore?