Main Menu

Best state

Started by clucktacular, February 13, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

its a nice drop, but you cant beat a little creatures pale ale. or for the more intrepid beer drinker, Nail Ale, the most expensive beer in the world. From WA.

tbagrocks

Yes little creatures is nice, get sick of it after like two, Coopers is better, don't know nail ale

Not as good as the coopers sparkling surely? 5.8% and the best flavor ;)

Stand to be corrected, where is this Nail Ale? is it popular enough to be available?

fidou

Well if we are going to talk beer I would have to say that SA was the only place in Australia that I stopped drinking it as in the 80's everywhere you went it was West End on tap, which is undrinkable for humans. Coopers OK but wasn't readily available then. Its to do with your water.

Swan - tick
XXXX - tick
Tooheys - ok
Carlton Draught - big tick
Cascade - tick
Boags - tick

tbagrocks

Coopers>>

Next best>>

Whatever>>

Carlton Draft, West End Draft>>

XXXX Gold, why would anyone buy it? :o

If you haven't tried a Coopers why the frog not? :-\

fidou

Cmon Tbag I know your a parochial South Australian but please dont put West End anywhere near a list of nice beers. The problem is your water its shocking you can't even get out of the shower and feel clean.

PowerBug

Quote from: fidou on February 19, 2013, 08:15:47 AM
Cmon Tbag I know your a parochial South Australian but please dont put West End anywhere near a list of nice beers. The problem is your water its shocking you can't even get out of the shower and feel clean.
I can. Might be because i don't like in the Western, Northern or Southern Subrubs of Adelaide :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

Quote from: fidou on February 19, 2013, 08:15:47 AM
the waters alright :P  Coopers is not West End buddy ;)  West End is brewed in Theberton while Coopers brewry is in Regency Park

West End is terrible yes, XXXX is worse

Coopers is the best 8)

The_Captain

Emu export all daaa way bruzzz

SydneyRox

Quote from: noto07 on February 19, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

Oh dear....

The coopers sparkling is a nice drop.

You might get the Nail Ale in other states, but you would need to look, they are still pretty boutique. But their gear wins most of the national awards they enter.

The_Captain

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 19, 2013, 08:10:04 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 19, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

Oh dear....

The coopers sparkling is a nice drop.

You might get the Nail Ale in other states, but you would need to look, they are still pretty boutique. But their gear wins most of the national awards they enter.

LOL, in all honesty i do drink this a fair bit ha. Prefer Carlton Dry though.

Grazz

Nicest beer i had in WA was in Kalgolie called Hannans Lager, dont think they make it anymore do they noto, then the next best for mine was Swan Lager not sure they make that anymore either haha. :P

The_Captain

Quote from: Grazz on February 19, 2013, 08:26:55 PM
Nicest beer i had in WA was in Kalgolie called Hannans Lager, dont think they make it anymore do they noto, then the next best for mine was Swan Lager not sure they make that anymore either haha. :P

Na not that iv'e heard of mate. Swan draught is still around. So maybe Swan Lager may be too. That Hannans beer may be the name of a local beer out at Kalgoorlie, I think Hannans is in Kalgoorlie..

Grazz

Quote from: noto07 on February 19, 2013, 08:34:49 PM

Na not that iv'e heard of mate. Swan draught is still around. So maybe Swan Lager may be too. That Hannans beer may be the name of a local beer out at Kalgoorlie, I think Hannans is in Kalgoorlie..

Hannans was a nice drop, i heard one of the bigger breweries bought them out, got pretty wrecked on it i know that.

The_Captain

Quote from: Grazz on February 19, 2013, 08:36:57 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 19, 2013, 08:34:49 PM

Hannans was a nice drop, i heard one of the bigger breweries bought them out, got pretty wrecked on it i know that.

Sounds like something they do. If you can't brew it, buy them out.. Haha yeh must of been pretty decent then!!