Best state

Started by clucktacular, February 13, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 17, 2013, 02:46:55 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 17, 2013, 02:31:12 PM
Quote from: greenmoon on February 17, 2013, 02:16:56 PM
SA for me.No one wants to come here. :)

Tell me about it mate, Perth is the most isolated city in the world so no-one wants to come way out West for us haha.
If noto and Jukes are like 90% of West Aussies, i can understand why.

Despite what these two do to the rep of WA, we have some good people here. Ben Cousins, Daniel Chick and Michael Gardiner to name a few ::) :P

Capper

The price of beer could be the turning point though

Grazz

Spent alot of time in the West over the years with the parents and brother moving over there awhile ago and the brother still there.
The majority are very nice people and always had a great time there, very friendly.

The_Captain

Quote from: greenmoon on February 17, 2013, 02:19:53 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 15, 2013, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: fidou on February 14, 2013, 11:17:56 PM
OK I'll settle the argument.

WA -  lived and worked in Perth for a year in 1985 - Although a nice place to live (Scarberough) i found the people a little redneck and a bit backwards even after coming from Tassie.
SA - lived and worked in Adelaide for a year in 1988 - Was a fairly relaxed place and lived in Nth Glenelg. Things didn't work out for me there and really didn't feel at home.
NT - Lived and worked in Alice Springs 1985-87. Great place to drink beer to survive. But eventually the flies send you mad.
Tassie - brought up there so I biased to how good it is. But i can't bring myself to go back and live there.
ACT - Have lived here for the past 20 years love it but it has no beach.
NSW - In the ACT I'm surrounded by New South Welshman who are all no-neck rugby heads.
VIC - The sporting capital of Australia and the place to visit to watch sport.
QLD - Tourism heaven have a sister in Brisbane and a niece in Noosa and I visit all the time love it up there.

So which is the best mmmmm I am looking to retire in Northern NSW in about 15 years but is that the best. No it is hard to think which place is the best but I have come to the conclusion that all of Australia is great as no matter where you are in this great country you can have a great time......no matter where you are in Stralia!

1985..... Yeh would be a little backward considering it was 28 years ago you idiot!
lol,i gather you didn't like the redneck comment mate.For me WA is a great place to visit or to live in imo.

Haha yeh that would be the one lol. Obviously not as fast as Melbourne, but good place to live still. Pity we are so far from everyone else but. Don't know about any rednecks.. But like other states we do have a few hood rats here and there lol.

The_Captain

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 17, 2013, 01:38:07 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 14, 2013, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2013, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: noto07 on February 13, 2013, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 13, 2013, 10:31:01 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
Wtf where is Northern Territory?!?!?!?!?
You know its not a State right?

UHmmm pretty sure it.. lol

Northern Territory

Still counts... It's not like its norfolk island or something like that haha.
No it doesn't. There are 6 STATES and 2 TERRITORIES in Australia. NT and ACT are territories and do not count as states. What did you learn at school? ::)

LOL im positive i was taught there was 7 states. Damn my primary school! Be feeling pretty robbed if i were from NT, massive area only to be called a territory..

CrowsFan

Haha yeah don't get why it is a territory or what the difference between a state and a territory is, but I don't make the rules haha.

The_Captain

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 17, 2013, 09:05:20 PM
Haha yeah don't get why it is a territory or what the difference between a state and a territory is, but I don't make the rules haha.

yeh its pretty weird. Obviously some teachers aren't even aware of this haha. Easier just to make all states ha.

fidou

Quote from: noto07 on February 17, 2013, 09:10:03 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on February 17, 2013, 09:05:20 PM

yeh its pretty weird. Obviously some teachers aren't even aware of this haha. Easier just to make all states ha.
Well the NT and ACT haven't statehood purely because both populations are quite  small. The NT (230k) and the ACT (350k). Each state has a representation in the upper house of 12 senators whereas the territories only 2 each. It would be quite disproportionate if they gave the territories statehood. 

CrowsFan

Ah right that makes sense. Then again the population of Tas is only around 500k so not all that much more than the ACT...

Dudge

Born and bred in SA, absolutely love travelling Australia, but always look forward to coming home

fidou

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 17, 2013, 11:46:19 PM
Ah right that makes sense. Then again the population of Tas is only around 500k so not all that much more than the ACT...
Yes but Tassie was won of the original states and you really can't take statehood away from them. When you look at cities on other states you have Newcastle over 1 mill, Wollongong 1 mill, Gold Coast ???. It seems a bit much that tasise has statehood but you need to include history and if you took it away from tassie waht would you make it. Then Demitrio would have an excuse to say well they are not a state don't give then a team. If any state desreved a team in the AFL its tassie they are the most parochial supporters of AFL in AUS.

Dudge

Quote from: fidou on February 18, 2013, 12:10:22 AM
Quote from: CrowsFan on February 17, 2013, 11:46:19 PM
Yes but Tassie was won of the original states and you really can't take statehood away from them. When you look at cities on other states you have Newcastle over 1 mill, Wollongong 1 mill, Gold Coast ???. It seems a bit much that tasise has statehood but you need to include history and if you took it away from tassie waht would you make it. Then Demitrio would have an excuse to say well they are not a state don't give then a team. If any state desreved a team in the AFL its tassie they are the most parochial supporters of AFL in AUS.

I think every teams supporters, which ever state, are very parochial. But the thing i agree with most is, Tassie definately deserves/deserved (is it too late now for a while) to field a team in the comp. I know the population is'nt huge, but just think they could field a team successfully

Ziplock

it'll be at least another 10 years before tassie gets one.

Dudge

Quote from: Ziplock on February 18, 2013, 01:52:46 AM
it'll be at least another 10 years before tassie gets one.

I'm thinking you're close to the mark, Zip, i think Mr D knows that Tassie loves it's AFL,so he's goine for "quicker" growth populations, knowing that tassie will always be there waiting. Can anyone really see all Tasmainian footy lovers, ever abandering the game. All they do is get louder until Andy (hang on, he'd would be retired  in the Greek Isles by then) is forced to entertain the idea more seriously

tbagrocks

I've got the game changer and if you disagree you are wrong

Coopers Sparkling Ale

Need I say more ??? xxxx gold ::) carlton and VB ::) tooheys ::)

Coopers is the best beer, Sparkling ale was the beer presented at the German world cup in 2006 and of course it won