Best state

Started by clucktacular, February 13, 2013, 02:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2013, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: noto07 on February 13, 2013, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 13, 2013, 10:31:01 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
Wtf where is Northern Territory?!?!?!?!?
You know its not a State right?

UHmmm pretty sure it.. lol

Northern Territory

Still counts... It's not like its norfolk island or something like that haha.

henry

Yeah vic for me too. Lived in queensland for 5 years but like VIC better, and Melbourne is/was both the world's most livable city and the sports capital of the world. How can you argue with that?   :P

13Brummy

From NT and connected to SA but I vote for Victoria. I don't mind living in Adelaide though.

fidou

OK I'll settle the argument.

WA -  lived and worked in Perth for a year in 1985 - Although a nice place to live (Scarberough) i found the people a little redneck and a bit backwards even after coming from Tassie.
SA - lived and worked in Adelaide for a year in 1988 - Was a fairly relaxed place and lived in Nth Glenelg. Things didn't work out for me there and really didn't feel at home.
NT - Lived and worked in Alice Springs 1985-87. Great place to drink beer to survive. But eventually the flies send you mad.
Tassie - brought up there so I biased to how good it is. But i can't bring myself to go back and live there.
ACT - Have lived here for the past 20 years love it but it has no beach.
NSW - In the ACT I'm surrounded by New South Welshman who are all no-neck rugby heads.
VIC - The sporting capital of Australia and the place to visit to watch sport.
QLD - Tourism heaven have a sister in Brisbane and a niece in Noosa and I visit all the time love it up there.

So which is the best mmmmm I am looking to retire in Northern NSW in about 15 years but is that the best. No it is hard to think which place is the best but I have come to the conclusion that all of Australia is great as no matter where you are in this great country you can have a great time......no matter where you are in Stralia!

The_Captain

Quote from: fidou on February 14, 2013, 11:17:56 PM

WA -  lived and worked in Perth for a year in 1985 - Although a nice place to live (Scarberough) i found the people a little redneck and a bit backwards even after coming from Tassie.
SA - lived and worked in Adelaide for a year in 1988 - Was a fairly relaxed place and lived in Nth Glenelg. Things didn't work out for me there and really didn't feel at home.
NT - Lived and worked in Alice Springs 1985-87. Great place to drink beer to survive. But eventually the flies send you mad.
Tassie - brought up there so I biased to how good it is. But i can't bring myself to go back and live there.
NSW - In the ACT I'm surrounded by New South Welshman who are all no-neck rugby heads.
QLD - Tourism heaven have a sister in Brisbane and a niece in Noosa and I visit all the time love it up there.

So which is the best mmmmm I am looking to retire in Northern NSW in about 15 years but is that the best. No it is hard to think which place is the best but I have come to the conclusion that all of Australia is great as no matter where you are in this great country you can have a great time......no matter where you are in Stralia!

1985..... Yeh would be a little backward considering it was 28 years ago you idiot!

Grazz

Although im from SA and have always been very happy here  i love North Queensland, Cairns in Particular. I think the place is paradise, i love my fishing and its brilliant up there so thats a huge bonus. I could happily move to Cairns tomorrow but to get the wife up there id have to move the kids and Grandkids up there aswell. C'mon Xlotto let it be this weekend.  :)

fidou

5..... Yeh would be a little backward considering it was 28 years ago you idiot!
[/quote]

Sorry just calling at I see it. It was at the time and I put it down to the fact that it's the most isolated city in the world. But I still had a good time in Perth. Loved the Frematle Doctor, I had a Bombora tri fin and windsurfed daily.

quinny88

Born and Bred Victorian, wouldnt wanna live anywhere else on the planet!
The sole reason for that though is the footy. I couldnt not go to the G to watch the Tiges play every weekend.
If I had to live somewhere else it would be Queensland though

CrowsFan

Quote from: noto07 on February 14, 2013, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2013, 11:51:58 AM
Quote from: noto07 on February 13, 2013, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 13, 2013, 10:31:01 PM
Quote from: whatlez on February 13, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
Wtf where is Northern Territory?!?!?!?!?
You know its not a State right?

UHmmm pretty sure it.. lol

Northern Territory

Still counts... It's not like its norfolk island or something like that haha.
No it doesn't. There are 6 STATES and 2 TERRITORIES in Australia. NT and ACT are territories and do not count as states. What did you learn at school? ::)

elephants

WA easy, would live in QLD if I had to move.

Victorian roads make me lose my shower. Trams and that flying about...

GM

SA for me.No one wants to come here. :)

GM

Quote from: noto07 on February 15, 2013, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: fidou on February 14, 2013, 11:17:56 PM

1985..... Yeh would be a little backward considering it was 28 years ago you idiot!
lol,i gather you didn't like the redneck comment mate.For me WA is a great place to visit or to live in imo.

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on February 17, 2013, 02:14:11 PM

You'd love the roads in Adelaide then. ;) They all run North-South and East-West.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

elephants

Quote from: greenmoon on February 17, 2013, 02:16:56 PM

Tell me about it mate, Perth is the most isolated city in the world so no-one wants to come way out West for us haha.

Quote from: SilkySkills on February 17, 2013, 02:22:47 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 17, 2013, 02:14:11 PM

You'd love the roads in Adelaide then. ;) They all run North-South and East-West.

Precisely why I stayed exclusively in the Adelaide hills when I was there ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on February 17, 2013, 02:31:12 PM
Quote from: greenmoon on February 17, 2013, 02:16:56 PM

Tell me about it mate, Perth is the most isolated city in the world so no-one wants to come way out West for us haha.
If noto and Jukes are like 90% of West Aussies, i can understand why.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126