Breakout year

Started by FactHunt, February 13, 2013, 11:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will breakout to the elite group of SC scorers this year?

Cunnington
Ziebell
Gaff
S.Selwood
Sloane
Martin
Grimes
Walker (Tex)
D Swallow
Bennell
Boak
Hannebery
Zorko

FactHunt

We all know the value in picking that player who most will recognise as having potential, but who finally puts on the after-burners and has a magical season with consistently big scores...
I've included some popular names being thrown around in this category, feel free to suggest others too  :)

Just for the record I currently have Martin, Gaff and Grimes in my ever-changing draft.

felsty

GM

cortez

Where is Hannebery? And apparently Cunnington killed it at norths intra club last night!

dmac07

Sloane, Cunnington and Walker from that list.

Ricochet

I can see nearly half these guys breaking out but S.Selwood will become elite this year

Nige

Gaff, Scooter and Sloaney from that list are probably the most likely imo to really take their game to the next level. I rate them all really highly.

FactHunt

Added Boak, Hannebery and Zorko so results may be slightly skewed... but a basic idea can still be gauged.

Nige

Quote from: FactHunt on February 13, 2013, 01:40:33 PM
Added Boak, Hannebery and Zorko so results may be slightly skewed... but a basic idea can still be gauged.
I do like Zorko and Hannebery as contenders for massive years as well, especially Zorko. The guy can seriously play.

Kellogscrunchynut

Definatly Sloane out of this list, Selwood, Gaff and Hannebery should also do well.

tbagrocks

Why is Martin out voting Taylor ??? Martin's still a pretty big risk while Tex is a lock

Mark

Yeah imo im going Tex and M.Wright from the crows...

bowyanger

What you define as breakout is a bit different to what most coaches would define the term as.

Most of these players have already had breakout years?

The OP should say who do you think will become an elite player maybe?

Id say Tex, Sloan and Zorko of that bunch have the best chance to become elite (elite defined as consistantly busting out big scores)...but I dont think even those 3 will reach those heights, too much competition in their teams for SC point pool IMO.

The_Captain

I don't know why a lot of people are choosing sloane. I think he will push his average.. but only slightly.. Adelaides midfield has too many good scorers/ possession winners for sloane to have a massive year. He will improve.. But i think blokes like walker, selwood, hannabury, swallow will improve more !