Dangerfield, Kennedy or Murphy?

Started by vtaced, February 12, 2013, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtaced

Which premium to take? I will take into account NAB cup form and injuries, but what's everyone's gut feeling?

GM

brownmans muffins

If you are only getting one I'd say Murphy - should score similarly and consistently like the other two but is a lot cheaper.

FactHunt

We saw what the Dangerman is capable of last year- when he's on he's capable of SC scores that only GAJ, Coxy and maybe Buddy can reach on a regular basis... cons are he is still reasonably young (had a few scores below 75 last year) and there is a question over whether he will be pushed forward more this year that could potentially affect his scoring? but who knows that one.

Kennedy has a great draw, particularly in the first half of the year from memory. He is an out and out star, and I would not expect any of the inconsistency of a younger bloke as he turns 25 this year... he only had 2 games below 90 last year (one of those in the granny!).

Murph is a SC gem also. Turns 26 this year and is in his prime, averaged over 110 in SC the last 4 years. I feel, however, that the Swans and Crows have better squads and better draws that can potentially affect scoring- that being said look at the Little Master's scoring in a Sun's outfit...

Can't really go wrong with any of these selections... shelling out this sort of coin on a premium i like to have security in scoring consistency.

Kennedy>Murph>Dangerman

ando_10

i went with JPK will continue to score well this year.

GM

Quote from: FactHunt on February 12, 2013, 12:53:30 PM
We saw what the Dangerman is capable of last year- when he's on he's capable of SC scores that only GAJ, Coxy and maybe Buddy can reach on a regular basis... cons are he is still reasonably young (had a few scores below 75 last year) and there is a question over whether he will be pushed forward more this year that could potentially affect his scoring? but who knows that one.

Kennedy has a great draw, particularly in the first half of the year from memory. He is an out and out star, and I would not expect any of the inconsistency of a younger bloke as he turns 25 this year... he only had 2 games below 90 last year (one of those in the granny!).

Murph is a SC gem also. Turns 26 this year and is in his prime, averaged over 110 in SC the last 4 years. I feel, however, that the Swans and Crows have better squads and better draws that can potentially affect scoring- that being said look at the Little Master's scoring in a Sun's outfit...

Can't really go wrong with any of these selections... shelling out this sort of coin on a premium i like to have security in scoring consistency.

Kennedy>Murph>Dangerman
I am expecting Danger to improve further this year and with that will come more consistency

lazarel

tbagrocks

Quote from: FactHunt on February 12, 2013, 12:53:30 PM

Kennedy>Murph>Dangerman
Danger did not go below 86 all year! The one score of 73 was in the finals

Can JPK be any better ??? he won't need to be so i'll take the 120, there's a far chance Danger will go over 120 but more likely an upgrade target unless he can match the 119 ave early, Murphy unlikely for 120 as he hasn't before

FactHunt

Sorry bout that... he had a five below 90, but 12 below 100. Got the wrong info from a shower source in the first reply.
(including finals)

colmullet

his back end to the season was phenomenal though once he settled into his midfield role (Danger) for me he's a lock this year

SydneyRox

I have had all three in and out most of the pre season. I dont think Murphy is as under priced in sc as his is in dt.

So he has tended to be the one left out. Currently have Danger and JPK.

Asked to rank for the year I would go JPK>Danger>Murphy

GM

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 12, 2013, 03:24:10 PM
I have had all three in and out most of the pre season. I dont think Murphy is as under priced in sc as his is in dt.

So he has tended to be the one left out. Currently have Danger and JPK.

Asked to rank for the year I would go JPK>Danger>Murphy
+1

ronl

If anyone could guarantee that Murphy won't cop the AAA tag now that Judd is slowing down he'd be an automatic pick, and I still want to see another big year from Dangerfield before I'm convinced...so it's JPK for mine, easily.

dmac07

People keep talking about jpk being older and more consistant than danger, but he has had just the one big year, like danger. That being said, I'm still going jpk. Murphy has been in and out of my team and danger I'm waiting on as an upgrade.

Jpk>Murphy>danger

Jroo

JPK is the best player out of all three of them at the moment and will be a great POD.
I'm considering having two, JPK and Murphy. Murphy is under priced and I reckon he's a star. Danger isn't far off being a star, but I reckon give him one more year and he'll become one of the top scorers.