RANK THE ROOKIE MIDS

Started by Nieso FC, February 12, 2013, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nieso FC

It looks likely K.Mitchell will be elevated to Ports list which brings us to a mid rookie problem

Which mid rookies to use and do you trade 1 in for Embley

Crouch, O'Meara, M.Jones, Viney, Mitchell, Wines, Lonergan

Rank from #1 --------- #7

Holz

1. Omeara 2. Wines 3. Viney 4. Crouch 5. Mitchell 6. Lonergan .................................................. 7.  M.Jones

Hoggyz_a_legend

1. Mitchell, 2, Viney, 3. O'Meara, 4. Wines, 5. Crouch, 6. Lonergan, a very distant 7.Jones

I'd rate Hrovat above Jones.

GM

I am with Hogzy in that i think Mitchell (with age and experience) has the potential to score more and not being a vest candidate.
1. Mitchell
2. Omeara
3. Wines
4. Viney
5. Crouch
6. Lonergan

tbagrocks

Wines
Mitchell
O'Meara   only ahead of Crouch playing in a far inferior team making him more important to the team
Crouch    are people underating him ???
Viney
Lonergan

Jones

GM

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 12, 2013, 01:40:46 PM
Wines
Mitchell
O'Meara   only ahead of Crouch playing in a far inferior team making him more important to the team
Crouch    are people underating him ???
Viney
Lonergan

Jones
Crouch in terms of long term ability would be 1 or 2 in my book.But yeah age,scoring,non vest, are things you have to look at this year imo.

tbagrocks

Possibly a vest but all are really, the way he plays with hard ball gets and clearences he will be SC gold ;D

dmac07

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 12, 2013, 01:52:04 PM
Possibly a vest but all are really, the way he plays with hard ball gets and clearences he will be SC gold ;D

Agree, but its more a question of will they throw him in there with the likes of Danger, Thompson, Sloane around. Think someone of similar level from what Ive gathered so far, like Viney, will have more time in the midfield when you consider he is only up against the likes of N. Jones and.. who else do Melbourne have that can play?

tbagrocks

Quote from: dmac07 on February 12, 2013, 02:03:12 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on February 12, 2013, 01:52:04 PM

Agree, but its more a question of will they throw him in there with the likes of Danger, Thompson, Sloane around. Think someone of similar level from what Ive gathered so far, like Viney, will have more time in the midfield when you consider he is only up against the likes of N. Jones and.. who else do Melbourne have that can play?
Toumpas ;) Jimmy could easily out score Jack

It would seem like the Viney's would get more playing time but, Adelaide are chasing success, if Brad is going to be able to play better than say Douglas then he will be a big part of the team

Jroo

1. Jack Viney
2. Jager O'Mera
3. Kane Mitchell
4. Jesse Lonergan
5. Jimmy Toumpas
6. Brad Crouch
7.  Ollie Wines
8. Matt Jones

Footyrulz

1. Viney- Dominant in the VFL
2. O'Meara- Was great in the NEAFL and would've been top 3 in the draft if not already picked
3. K Mitchell- Sandover Medalist
4. M Jones- Mature age players always produce the goods
5. Hrovat- Has great figures
6. Longergan- Big body but not sure he'll be a great scorer yet
7. Crouch- can see him getting the vest alot
8. Wines- might score better than others, but reckon hes too expensive to pick.

Hagebear

I know he's not really a rookie anymore but I'd rate Tom Mitchell above Kane Mitchell. Kane himself has said he'll most likely be a defensive half forward this year which doesn't spell terrific for his SC chances. And yes Tom Mitchell will have a tough gig breaking into Sydney's midfield but I just see more SC potential in Tom. He was just about the 'best' midfield rookie last preseason. Surely he'll get opportunities this year??

quinny88

Quote from: Hagebear on February 13, 2013, 07:21:53 PM
I know he's not really a rookie anymore but I'd rate Tom Mitchell above Kane Mitchell. Kane himself has said he'll most likely be a defensive half forward this year which doesn't spell terrific for his SC chances. And yes Tom Mitchell will have a tough gig breaking into Sydney's midfield but I just see more SC potential in Tom. He was just about the 'best' midfield rookie last preseason. Surely he'll get opportunities this year??

Since when? There was a lot of people ahead of Tom. Would be a lock if he played for a lower team but not at the Swans

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on February 13, 2013, 07:28:56 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on February 13, 2013, 07:21:53 PM

Since when? There was a lot of people ahead of Tom. Would be a lock if he played for a lower team but not at the Swans

Quite true. Even if he breaks into the side though, he'll be a good chance for the vest. Hope that's not the case though as I have him sitting at F10 for the moment.