Thoughts on LeCras?

Started by fever, February 11, 2013, 09:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

pretty awkward price at 370k, not really had any huge SC seasons in the past (ave's ~85-90). that said, he's a gun, and with the better supply from a new gun midfield he could profit huge.

LF

I'm in 2 minds about LeCras.
He should have a great season apparently will be getting some mid rotation.
But his price is ridiculously high for someone that didn't play a game last season.
Just not sure if he can make the 90+ scores every week.
I did have LeCras but atm I have Josh Kennedy sitting in my forwards instead.

quinny88

Was locked in all summer until the prices were released. SC really made up whatever they felt like with his price. Pass too expensive

PowerMan

Apparently he was ready to go at the end of last season.

Has had a superb pre season, locked in SC for me.

Nige

Like quinny said, lock was written all over him before we all found out his actual price. Most have jumped off, myself included, but he could reap the rewards for anyone who sticks with him at his awkward pricing.

shorty3264

No for me, I think he will return in great style, but Darling and Cox have been playing forward a bit too, he's no longer the soul focus up there allowing to kick bags, and has never been a big ball winner. Awkward price.

Presto

Why would you want someone that at his best will average 85, assuming he will get back to his best. He is priced at a 70 average and, at most, will make you 40k and certainly wont be a keeper.There are better options just as risky, but cheaper: (Byrnes, Varcoe, etc)

The Mongoose

LeCras is going to be a player that divides a lot of coaches this year.

The Good - We all know his capabilities. He's a hugely talented player, and was capable of racking up some high possession games in the forward line, so it's a little scary to think what he might do in the midfield. He's class, and he's cheap.

The Bad - That injury. Any player coming back from an injury like that simply has to be under a cloud of doubt until proven otherwise. And yes, he is awkwardly priced.

On the topic of his price, though - it's not unreasonable to assume that with midfield time he'll average in the 90's. So...a forward for 370k that nets you an average in that range is a great return by anyone's standards. The only question is whether or not you think it's worth the punt.

My 2c - watch his NAB cup form. If he fires, load up LeCras.

pikla

capable of scoring well but i generally stay clear of players first year back after a knee even if he was ready to go late last year

S_Coach99

I don't think his price has been reduced enough for a bloke who hasn't played since 2011.

Compare him with JKennedy at WC...

JKennedy $299,600  - 7 Games, battled his way to 55 SC with an injury - 86.7 SC avg 2011 (20 games)
LeCras     $369,200  - 0 Games 2012 - 86.2 avg 2011 (19 games)

Both averaged the same when fit in 2011 and one is cheaper... unless you think LeCras is going to absolutely set the world on fire and become a keeper, don't bother with him.

SydneyRox

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-11/le-cras-a-nab-cup-lock-in

He is going to play in the NAB, which would be a good sign, but looks like he will start the season in the fwds before getting a midfield run??

As has been said, price is just too awkward.

Jroo

Is at an awkward price, but I reckon he'd be a good pick as he can score well. That being said I'd rather save the extra $$$ and get Varcoe, Knights, Byrnes or Kennedy

SydneyRox

Quote from: JROO8 on February 12, 2013, 07:52:58 PM
Is at an awkward price, but I reckon he'd be a good pick as he can score well. That being said I'd rather save the extra $$$ and get Varcoe, Knights, Byrnes or Kennedy

+1 - all who will score around the same mark

Shihan7

Not for me, he is too expensive.

nightwalker_1310au

Fellas bit of advice stay away from le cras this year as he is not going to be playing anytime in mids only going to be a small crumbed this year and will score max 60-75 prob each game to high for price to risk and not worth getting.