DT Talk Thread #3 - Unnoticed players (IMO)

Started by Kodboys, February 11, 2013, 08:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodboys

There are just a few number of players that seem people aren't really looking at this year that are at <300k which in my opinion will reach around 350k-450k depending on how they go!

1. Jackson Paine(244k): This guy actually impressed me last year, he only got 6 games and in one of them he pulled 81 DT points.. Although he usually got <60 all other times, imo if he is given a chance and get good games in a row, he will be great! I'm expecting him to be quite good for his second year if he is given at least 10-14 games, but if hopefully there is no injury, he's a lock for in next year!

2.Andrew Krakouer(243k): This shocked me so much.. he's so cheap! Yet i know 100% he will pull! If anything.. i'd choose him over Paine(I actually have :P) Last year his second game back from ACL injury he got 92 against Hawthorn in the QF. And in 2011 he got 2 100+, 3 in the 90,8 times between 70-89. And the rest are lower.. and only reason is cause at the start of 2011 he didn't do much till after round 6. He's a lock for me this year!

3.Ben Cunnington(387k): I have a huge feeling he will have a great year of 85+! Last year in his last 4 games he average 94! Have a good feeling about him this year! You should definitely look at him in NAB cause he's nearly a lock for me, i just need to see how he starts out.

4.Chris Yarran(311k): Surprises me this guy isn't getting much attention! He's under malthouse.. he knows what to do with fast paced defenders.. im 100% he's push Yarran up into the midfield at times.. trust me Yarran should be great! Especially if Malthouse done with him what he done with Leon Davis! He's almost a lock for me, tbh it's between him and Pearce, but if you need that extra cash, Go with Yarran, Although he was inconsistent last year, i think this year it'll be different under malthouse!

5. Jeremy Howe: I think this guy will have a breakout season, he already had a season of marking! Now this year i think you'll see more from him and expect to do very well! In the last 6 games of the season he pulled a 83 average! Though not a 100% locked but i will watch him over Nab Cup and so should you!

Jukes

To quote my smokey, team, plenty of players who are relatively unnoticed

Quote from: Jukes on February 11, 2013, 05:29:27 PM
Shaw
Lake
Pearce
Watts
Atley

McLean
Ebert
ROK
Greene
Gaff
Monfries
Clay Beams
Tyson

Bellchambers
Jenkins

Wellingham
Cloke
Stefan Martin
SIPOSS (my favourite smokey)
Harper
Byrnes

stew42

Jukes

Quote from: stew42 on February 11, 2013, 08:55:04 PM
Dom Tyson is injured for a while, Jukesy...

shiiit thanks, somebody *cough cough Koop cough cough*, told me he was going to be a smart unique.

Still, reckon when he comes back should be a good mid-season cash cow.

Traded him down to Jordie Gysberts, allowing me to trade a not-that-much-unique in Byrnes into JJK.

Nige

I do like Yarran, and iirc he's in my team. Howe's another I like, not sure whether I'm ballsy enough to put him in, do have Sylvia and Byrnes though.

stew42

Quote from: Jukes on February 11, 2013, 09:06:13 PM
Quote from: stew42 on February 11, 2013, 08:55:04 PM
Dom Tyson is injured for a while, Jukesy...

shiiit thanks, somebody *cough cough Koop cough cough*, told me he was going to be a smart unique.

Still, reckon when he comes back should be a good mid-season cash cow.

Traded him down to Jordie Gysberts, allowing me to trade a not-that-much-unique in Byrnes into JJK.
Yeah, definitely. When he was listed as a fwd, Tyson was a lock in mine. Reckon he could've pushed 85-90.
Gysberts would be a good choice, just watch and see if he breaks into the side. He should, but you never know...

owenbond007

Quote from: Kodboys on February 11, 2013, 08:47:48 PM
There are just a few number of players that seem people aren't really looking at this year that are at <300k which in my opinion will reach around 350k-450k depending on how they go!

1. Jackson Paine(244k): This guy actually impressed me last year, he only got 6 games and in one of them he pulled 81 DT points.. Although he usually got <60 all other times, imo if he is given a chance and get good games in a row, he will be great! I'm expecting him to be quite good for his second year if he is given at least 10-14 games, but if hopefully there is no injury, he's a lock for in next year!

2.Andrew Krakouer(243k): This shocked me so much.. he's so cheap! Yet i know 100% he will pull! If anything.. i'd choose him over Paine(I actually have :P) Last year his second game back from ACL injury he got 92 against Hawthorn in the QF. And in 2011 he got 2 100+, 3 in the 90,8 times between 70-89. And the rest are lower.. and only reason is cause at the start of 2011 he didn't do much till after round 6. He's a lock for me this year!

3.Ben Cunnington(387k): I have a huge feeling he will have a great year of 85+! Last year in his last 4 games he average 94! Have a good feeling about him this year! You should definitely look at him in NAB cause he's nearly a lock for me, i just need to see how he starts out.

4.Chris Yarran(311k): Surprises me this guy isn't getting much attention! He's under malthouse.. he knows what to do with fast paced defenders.. im 100% he's push Yarran up into the midfield at times.. trust me Yarran should be great! Especially if Malthouse done with him what he done with Leon Davis! He's almost a lock for me, tbh it's between him and Pearce, but if you need that extra cash, Go with Yarran, Although he was inconsistent last year, i think this year it'll be different under malthouse!

5. Jeremy Howe: I think this guy will have a breakout season, he already had a season of marking! Now this year i think you'll see more from him and expect to do very well! In the last 6 games of the season he pulled a 83 average! Though not a 100% locked but i will watch him over Nab Cup and so should you!

Out of that list I think krakwhore is the only one worth any value. I rate krakwhore and think he is has varcoe knights and byrnes covered for forward mid pricers. Personally i cant see myself having any of these guys as it doesnt fit my structure.

Windigo

Krak is tempting and is the forgotten mid pricer. Not out of consideration for sure.  :)

Presto

None out of your list will reach such high value, the one I consider best of them: Krakouer will need to average 75 (like in 2011) to reach 350K by round 9. Only someone that thinks he will do much better can entertain having him.

Kodboys

Quote from: Presto on February 11, 2013, 11:32:17 PM

None out of your list will reach such high value, the one I consider best of them: Krakouer will need to average 75 (like in 2011) to reach 350K by round 9. Only someone that thinks he will do much better can entertain having him.

Re-read :)

PowerBug

Well Darren Glass will reach 450k depending on how he goes too Kodboys. ;)

THere's no Sam Blease there, not good enough. *shakes head*
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126