Better a cheap rookie than...

Started by Presto, February 11, 2013, 07:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presto

I am bored.
My teams (DT and SC) are ready, no sense in changing anything until the Cup.
Only then I will have an idea if the rookies I have chosen are worth it.
And then I still have to wait until round 1 to see who will play.
Not to mentioned possible injury between now and then.
All the rest is an exercise in futility.

So my first exercise in futility is to go through lots of threads to see what most people think.

Here is my first conclusion: better a cheap rookie than Ablett
(based on actual posts from unnamed posters)

Ablett $642,500, Stanton $548,900
Stants won't get tagged, that coupled with his natural progression hitting the peak of his scoring arc, should easily improve his average to 110+. Will average about the same as Ablett for like 80k less.
Stanton $548,900, J.Selwood $530,900
In my opinion, Jelwood is more value for your money since… …Stanton will be lucky to achieve 95.
J.Selwood $530,900, Greene $495,700
Joel will be tagged every game. He is DT past, Greene is the future and cheaper.
Greene $495,700, Ball $343,100
You have to be joking. One is the new unproven kid on the block, while the other has proven himself year after year after year.
Ball $343,100 Embley $264,300
Finally someone noticing Embley's late season form in 2012. He's different to Ball because he came back and played in 2012.
Embley $264,300, Wines $156,700
Went with Wines. Embley is training extremely well at the moment but I just cant shake the feeling he will cop the vest more often than Wines will
Wines $156,700 Cheap Rookie
Take Wines out, there are at least 6 or 7 rookies that can score as well and make more money: Crouch, O’Meara, Viney, Colquhoun, Lonergan, K Mitchell, T. Mitchell

For my next trick, I will prove that a retired player (like Buckanara) is a better option than Franklin (At least in DT, while in SC is still debatable)

Escapist

That's an amazing trick!
What about a straight comparison between Ablett and Wines though?

Nice read though

Jukes

Quote from: Presto on February 11, 2013, 07:40:11 PM
Stants won't get tagged, that coupled with his natural progression hitting the peak of his scoring arc, should easily improve his average to 110+. Will average about the same as Ablett for like 80k less.

Whoever said this is a genius ;)

MTTY

I am bored.

So my first exercise in futility is to go through lots of threads to see what most people think.

In my opinion, Jelwood is more value for your money since… …Stanton will be lucky to achieve 95.
Joel will be tagged every game. He is DT past, Greene is the future and cheaper.
You have to be joking. One is the new unproven kid on the block, while the other has proven himself year after year after year.
Finally someone noticing Embley's late season form in 2012. He's different to Ball because he came back and played in 2012.
Went with Wines. Embley is training extremely well at the moment but I just cant shake the feeling he will cop the vest more often than Wines will
Take Wines out, there are at least 6 or 7 rookies that can score as well and make more money: Crouch, O’Meara, Viney, Colquhoun, Lonergan, K Mitchell, T. Mitchell

For my next trick, I will prove that a retired player (like Buckanara) is a better option than Franklin (At least in DT, while in SC is still debatable)

The highlighted was said by me in SC not DT...  ???

Nige

This was nice and very interesting read.  8)

owenbond007

Quote from: Jukes on February 11, 2013, 08:37:19 PM

Whoever said this is a genius ;)

If Clarke can tag stants out of a game there is no hope for him. Why wouldn't teams tag him with one of their lesser players.

Big bomber fan here but cant see whats changed to make you think he won't get tagged throughout the season.

Windigo

My head nearly exploded. But I would have went GAJ>Jelwood and skipped Stanton.  :P

Presto

Quote from: MTTY on February 11, 2013, 08:49:02 PM
I am bored.

The highlighted was said by me in SC not DT...  ???

You are absolutely right, I took the quotes from both SC and DT