Sportsbet Team help thread.

Started by LF, February 11, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Sportsbet virgin here......this is my first draft, any thoughts appreciated

B  Goddard, Gibbs, Duffman, Broughton, Pittard, Goodes......Stevenson, Terlich

C  Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Wines, Lonergan, K.Mitchell, Viney......O'Meara, Crouch

R  Sandi, Luey......Gorringe, Currie

F  Franklin, Cox, Robinson, Rockliff, Byrnes, Staker......Macaffer, Lee

GM

Hi Nostra,
marks,tackles & goals score big mate so you could include ie. Redden,Walker,Cotchin.
I will look at Cloke closely because of his upside in the goals & marks catagory.
Looks good mate
Cheers GM

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on February 13, 2013, 12:27:56 AM
Sportsbet virgin here......this is my first draft, any thoughts appreciated

B  Goddard, Gibbs, Duffman, Broughton, Pittard, Goodes......Stevenson, Terlich

C  Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Wines, Lonergan, K.Mitchell, Viney......O'Meara, Crouch

R  Sandi, Luey......Gorringe, Currie

F  Franklin, Cox, Robinson, Rockliff, Byrnes, Staker......Macaffer, Lee

Looks pretty solid mate, hard to pick fault with at this early stage. Id just say watch Broughtons role through NAB but NAB doesn't always show us everything but you would already be getting ready to watch Brought's anyway like the rest of us. Commenting on rookies is a waste of time this early also but i will with Staker as he's just had another arthroscope on his knee and will be missing for 6 weeks i think so you may want to start looking elsewhere to replace him or think about it. Starting with Franklin could pay off with a couple of big games as he can go real big in Sportsbet with goals worth so much but im not going to start with him, he is one im taking a gamble on dropping a bit in price, if he doesnt he wont go up much and he can chuck in them odd low scores here and there im hoping its early mate haha. I like Gorringe in there rather than wasting a rookie for a mpp benefit, should make  you some money and should play a lot more games this year.. Dont worry about playing sportsbet for the 1st time, the same mindset and skills from DT and SC will crossover in to this and you will be fine. 30 trades now 6 more than last should ease your mind, i remember playing with 20 trades in DT and SC compared to 30, 30 is like winning xlotto but sadly, back to earth Grazz, reality is good coaches will still be good coaches so its going to be just as hard, you'll do fine dont worry about that at all mate.

tbagrocks

Any thoughts on how this team is looking? Too week in midfield? Any thoughts on a Ruck? Thanks ;D

LF

How are everyone's teams going?
I'm done now as I only have 4 trades left  :-\

Backs
Goddard,Gibbs,Hanley,Birchall,Duffield,Goodes,Vlastuin,Talia

Mids
Ablett,Swan,Jack,Swallow,Stanton,Watson,Griffen,Priddis,Mitchell,Martin

Rucks
Goldy,Nic Nat,Blicavs,Nicholls

Forwards
Nroo,JJK,Rocky,Mayne,Cox,Stevie.J,Staker,Kennedy

Ringo

Virgin in this comp Luv and I only have 4 trades left and not happy with team but will persevere. Took a little time to get used to different scoring.

Team as it stands:
Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Hanley, Birchall, Vlastuin (Brown, Thurlow)

Mids:
Ablett, Jack, Pendleberry, Swallow, Watson, Delidio,Griffen, Mitchell (Goodes, Hrovat)

Rucks: Jacobs, Zac Clarke (McBean, Currie)

Fwds:
Cox, Bartel, Dustin martin, JJK. Johnson, Franklin, (Staker, McAffer)

Will sit with 4 trades but need to get Goodes back and fix defence in due course.

Capper

I have 8 trades left and $36,200 in the bank with the following team

B-Heppell, Goddard, Birchall, Scotland, Terlich, Vlastuin (Docherty, Thurlow)
M-Ablet, Barlow, Stanton, Cotchin, Ebert, Parker, O'Meara, Mitchell (Crouch, KMartin)
R-McEvoy, Jacobs (Blicavs, Nicholls)
F-Rockcliff, Johnson, Cox, NRiewoldt, Robinson, Zorko (Macaffer, Staker)

Im thinking about Macaffer to Daniher and then upgrade someone?? not sure who

Ideas??

LF

Maybe upgrade O'Meara to Pendles,Swan or Griffen to strengthen your mids unless you plan to keep him or upgrade Vlastuin.

Capper

Quote from: luvfooty on June 24, 2013, 01:52:56 PM
Maybe upgrade O'Meara to Pendles,Swan or Griffen to strengthen your mids unless you plan to keep him or upgrade Vlastuin.
I was thinking that but GC's draw looks ok, not as good as Freo's though. Need to get Barlow and Ibbotson in Stat!!!!

???

tabs... that is campbell heath in your display pic

auscoyote

Quote from: luvfooty on June 24, 2013, 12:13:49 AM

Backs

Mids

Rucks

Forwards

Nice team LF, couple of Pods in there.might explain your high %. Try and get Pendles in for the run home. Imo he is 2nd pick every year as he usually smashes this comp and always finishes strong.

My team has been sitting a smidge outside the top 100 for a few weeks now but really struggling to make the top 8 in Packhunters. Going to be really tough to go back to back in such a top class league.

6 trades and less than 10K left but dont know which def to keep out of Hartlett and Vlas for the run home ?. Will have to field one and upgrade the other. Leaning towards hartless if he can keep his body together, call me Crazy.

Hopefully see ya all in the finals  :-\ ;)

Capper

Quote from: ??? on June 24, 2013, 07:57:10 PM
tabs... that is campbell heath in your display pic
yeh mate, lost a bet

LF

Quote from: auscoyote on June 24, 2013, 10:00:31 PM

Backs

Mids

Rucks

Forwards

Nice team LF, couple of Pods in there.might explain your high %. Try and get Pendles in for the run home. Imo he is 2nd pick every year as he usually smashes this comp and always finishes strong.

My team has been sitting a smidge outside the top 100 for a few weeks now but really struggling to make the top 8 in Packhunters. Going to be really tough to go back to back in such a top class league.

6 trades and less than 10K left but dont know which def to keep out of Hartlett and Vlas for the run home ?. Will have to field one and upgrade the other. Leaning towards hartless if he can keep his body together, call me Crazy.

Hopefully see ya all in the finals  :-\ ;)
Thanks coyote
Yeah I'll probs grab Pendles for Priddis a bit later
Love my pod of Mayne he is extremely consistent doesn't pump out big scores like the others but I think he has only gone under 100 twice usually good for 110+

Yeah I hope to get into the 8 and stay there but the leagues are extremely competitive one wrong move and down you go

Good luck to you.

Capper

Backs

Mids

Rucks

Forwards
not tempted to go Goodes to Ibbo??

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on June 24, 2013, 12:23:06 PM
Virgin in this comp Luv and I only have 4 trades left and not happy with team but will persevere. Took a little time to get used to different scoring.

Team as it stands:
Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Hanley, Birchall, Vlastuin (Brown, Thurlow)

Mids:
Ablett, Jack, Pendleberry, Swallow, Watson, Delidio,Griffen, Mitchell (Goodes, Hrovat)

Rucks: Jacobs, Zac Clarke (McBean, Currie)

Fwds:
Cox, Bartel, Dustin martin, JJK. Johnson, Franklin, (Staker, McAffer)

Will sit with 4 trades but need to get Goodes back and fix defence in due course.
i would keep Goodes there for the dpp swap