Sportsbet Team help thread.

Started by LF, February 11, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

With a lot of coaches and few new people playing this season we will run this thread to help everyone out with initial team setup and throughout the season.

POINT SCORING FOR SPORTSBET
Kick   4 Points
Handball   2 Points
Mark    4 Points
Tackle   6 Points
Free Kick For   1 Point
Free Kick Against  -3 Points
Hitout   1 Point
Goal           12 Points
Behind   1 Point

Ringo

Being a novice here is my team:

Def: Goddard, Grimes, Hanley, Yarran, D Talia, Pittard, Thurlow Docherty
Mids: Ablett, Dangerfield, Jack, Rich, Ball, Stevens, K Mitchell, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney
Rucks: Sandilands, Berger, Gorringe, Rowe
Fwds. Franklin, Zorko, Walker, Cox, Varcoe, Staker, McAffer, Lee.

Only line similar to SC is rucks.

Tried to pick Goal scorers and tackling machines - Had to temper some tackling machines with frees against.

PowerMan

Obviously the key too this is finding midfielders and defenders who a) kick goals, and b) tackle...

auscoyote

I'm finding it harder this year to come up with a team, compared to last years which seemed to fit together nicely with no probs at all.
Damn it, i need a bigger salary cap! :-\

GM

Cloke could good here if he can recapture his 2011 form

tbagrocks

Can I use this for a blatant plug for my Asian team (based on SB scoring) the AXV's with the Tibetan Llamas would like an assistant coach, been waiting for months for this to open ;D

for anyone who doesn't know what the XV's or AXV is have a look
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/board,73.0.html

The official Llama team thread
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66638.0.html

Grazz

Quote from: PowerMan on February 11, 2013, 07:42:52 PM
Obviously the key too this is finding midfielders and defenders who a) kick goals, and b) tackle...

Yeh mate massive points for goals and tackles are highly rewarded.

Quote from: greenmoon on February 11, 2013, 10:48:32 PM
Cloke could good here if he can recapture his 2011 form

Yes mate if he can find the form of 2011 be a diamond.

Quote from: auscoyote on February 11, 2013, 10:33:13 PM
I'm finding it harder this year to come up with a team, compared to last years which seemed to fit together nicely with no probs at all.
Damn it, i need a bigger salary cap! :-\

Same here mate, a few 100k less makes a difference doesnt it, players a bit cheaper but the extra budget you get with SC would of made it a bit easier putting a side together for sure. Will need to spend alot of time here getting it nailed down i think.

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2013, 07:35:52 PM
Being a novice here is my team:

Def: Goddard, Grimes, Hanley, Yarran, D Talia, Pittard, Thurlow Docherty
Mids: Ablett, Dangerfield, Jack, Rich, Ball, Stevens, K Mitchell, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney
Rucks: Sandilands, Berger, Gorringe, Rowe
Fwds. Franklin, Zorko, Walker, Cox, Varcoe, Staker, McAffer, Lee.

Only line similar to SC is rucks.

Tried to pick Goal scorers and tackling machines - Had to temper some tackling machines with frees against.

For someone looking at it for the 1st time mate youve done ok.

Toga

Bit of a SportsBet noob myself so wouldn't mind a bit of help ::) Good on ya LF for setting this thread up, nice one! :)

Anyway, here's my team:

stew42

Here's my team atm:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Broughton, Brown, Pittard (Docherty, Terlich*) *Will probably turn into Heath/Stevenson by Rnd 1
MIDS: Swan, Pendles, Redden, Jack, Moloney, Embley, Wines, O'Meara (Crouch, Viney)
RUCKS: Bellchambers, Leuy (Gorringe, Rowe)
FWDS: Franklin, Walker, Martin, Siposs, Byrnes, Staker (Macaffer, Neade)

I've tried going for players that focus on tackling and goal kicking. The Swans' are the best team in tackling and in goal-kicking midfielders. Redden is a tackling machine. What do we think?

Grazz

Looks good Toga, very similar to mine at this stage. Good job mate.

Quote from: stew42 link=topic=71849.msg 986772#msg 986772 date=1360586866
Here's my team atm:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Broughton, Brown, Pittard (Docherty, Terlich*) *Will probably turn into Heath/Stevenson by Rnd 1
MIDS: Swan, Pendles, Redden, Jack, Moloney, Embley, Wines, O'Meara (Crouch, Viney)
RUCKS: Bellchambers, Leuy (Gorringe, Rowe)
FWDS: Franklin, Walker, Martin, Siposs, Byrnes, Staker (Macaffer, Neade)

I've tried going for players that focus on tackling and goal kicking. The Swans' are the best team in tackling and in goal-kicking midfielders. Redden is a tackling machine. What do we think?

Yeh i like it mate, i don't think any newbies to sportsbet are going to have any issues judging by the teams that are being posted so far, everyone seems to be on the right track. I think if you've played a bit of DT or SC or both the transition should be quite easy.
My 1st year i just relied heavily on the team picker column and players averages and tried to build the best team i could off the pack of that with the scoring system being as different as it is.

Toga

Thanks Grazz.. Based it on my DT but with a couple of KPF's in this team given the different scoring method 8)

tor01doc

Hey Grazz,

What's the 'team picker column'?

Thanks for your input, too.

Grazz

Quote from: tor01doc on February 11, 2013, 11:59:39 PM
Hey Grazz,

What's the 'team picker column'?

Thanks for your input, too.

Haha just something i made up for the column of players you use to pick your original team from mate, probably has a proper name but i dont know it lol. :-\

Quote from: Toga on February 11, 2013, 11:59:04 PM
Thanks Grazz.. Based it on my DT but with a couple of KPF's in this team given the different scoring method 8)

Done well mate, think we have about 4 different players at this stage.

tbagrocks

How's she looking ??? I am so happy to be locking in Walker again as first picked ;D

Justin Bieber