Cloke or Walker?

Started by chaosAD, February 11, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

I'm a massive fan of Tex Walker but I'm thinking Cloke being 70k cheaper is way better value with probably the same scoring potential, Cloke had a horror year last year for obvious reasons but the previous year he averaged 90+, what's your thoughts?

timmyparso

Quote from: chaosAD on February 11, 2013, 03:39:25 PM
I'm a massive fan of Tex Walker but I'm thinking Cloke being 70k cheaper is way better value with probably the same scoring potential, Cloke had a horror year last year for obvious reasons but the previous year he averaged 90+, what's your thoughts?

Walker by a mile.

Cloke gets 3 defenders, can't kick straight and had his sticky gloves banned so has to learn how to mark again. He may loose one defender if the big Q stick plays well.

Walker will get more attention this year but will out score Cloke, is close to favourite for the Coleman, is very agile for his size so can get the ball rather rely on it being delivered to him and kicks straighter than Cloke.

Jukes

Quote from: timmyparso on February 11, 2013, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: chaosAD on February 11, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

Walker by a mile.

Cloke gets 3 defenders, can't kick straight and had his sticky gloves banned so has to learn how to mark again. He may loose one defender if the big Q stick plays well.

Walker will get more attention this year but will out score Cloke, is close to favourite for the Coleman, is very agile for his size so can get the ball rather rely on it being delivered to him and kicks straighter than Cloke.

1) Lynch will take attention off Cloke, should only get a 1v1 which he will win.
2) Players will always find a way to bend the rules. If he can't have a similar but allowed glove developed he'll just wear an allowed glove that is as similar as possible to his old one.

Walker will outscore Cloke by 3-4 points, 96 to 93, but reckon Cloke is the better option as comes at a much lower price.

AFL Babble

Both good players.

Tex is the one with the tank, but their support staff in Q Lynch and J Jenkins are not of equal ability.

(http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/josh-jenkins-steps-into-forward-role-vacated-by-kurt-tippett/story-e6freck3-1226574919487)

I vote Cloke because Lynch will make his job easier, although it is still very hard to watch him kick for goal.

chaosAD

Clokes just so cheap with massive scoring potential, i dont think u can have both so atm im leaning to travis!

Hippo

Walker is last yrs Cloke

his team in the Intraclub club match kicked 16 and he scored 0

tbagrocks

Quote from: Hippo on February 11, 2013, 06:47:32 PM
Walker is last yrs Cloke

his team in the Intraclub club match kicked 16 and he scored 0
So you know his role then? Nope, Taylor is a true CHF and will be roaming the field using his elite kick, nothing like Cloke who's just a clink mark and average kick for goal, Walker has more talent in his pinky toe than Cloke will ever have

Sure Cloke's nice value but whi expects he will be in the top 6-8 scorers? Maybe, more than likely though he will need to be upgraded which is ok too as he should make some money while scoring well enough

Walker is about to go BANG!! Last year was just a warm up ;)

Vincent

Tex could kick 80 sausage rolls this year.

Hippo

Lol didn't see that response coming, was only a matter of minutes within the hr in the end

God forbid someone thought negatively of your great hope

He's a lazy footballer, if he doesn't catch the ball first go he cracks the shower's, that's IMO so guess you will just have to deal with it  ;)

tbagrocks

Not so sure on the lazy, perhaps at times in the past and due to confidence or lack of, atm he's training the house down in the best shape of his life, I really don't see him being lazy this year, he knows now he's the main man and I think he's been waiting for that confidence, he doesn't need to mark it either as he plays a lot like the SteveJ and is miraculous at ground level

Just how I see it though, having followed his whole career i'm just judging on how i've seen him develop, 80 sausage rolls not beyond him ;D

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 11, 2013, 07:42:06 PM
Not so sure on the lazy, perhaps at times in the past and due to confidence or lack of, atm he's training the house down in the best shape of his life, I really don't see him being lazy this year, he knows now he's the main man and I think he's been waiting for that confidence, he doesn't need to mark it either as he plays a lot like the SteveJ and is miraculous at ground level

Just how I see it though, having followed his whole career i'm just judging on how i've seen him develop, 80 sausage rolls not beyond him ;D

Lol come on now tbag.. Comparing Tex to Stevie J at ground level is a bit far fetched but he is a great player and should improve

Adamant

I see them averaging about the same, both in the 86-91 area, but Cloke being much cheaper is my pick.