Which 3 players. Opinions appreciated.

Started by browncow1, February 11, 2013, 03:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

browncow1

Am looking at 2 different set ups regarding two sets of 3 players.

The first is a more proven approach using 3 premo's and a geunuine mid pricer (Players under consideration in bold).

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, STANLEY, Grimes
Mid - Swan, Ablett, COTCHIN, Pendlebury
Fwd - Cox, Johnson, Rockliffe, Robinson, BYRNES

Or how about a more high risk, high reward strategy, with 3 players very capable of making the move towards premo status.

Def - Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, PEARCE
Mid - Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, S.SELWOOD
Fwd - Cox, Johnson, Rockliffe, Robinson, CHRISTENSEN

The first 3 are the most obvious, but what are peoples thoughts on the 2nd group? Do you think they have the potential to all become keepers and improve significantly enough on their starting prices/averages to warrant starting with them?

Adamant

Easily the first option. You get 2 guaranteed keepers and a good cash cow.

The second option you get one keeper at best IMO. I don't rate Pearce or Christensen (although I was keen on him in the 2012 pre-season), but Scooter is a decent pick.

browncow1

Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 03:14:34 AM

The second option you get one keeper at best IMO. I don't rate Pearce or Christensen (although I was keen on him in the 2012 pre-season), but Scooter is a decent pick.

I agree. I was just trying a few differnt setups, and thought I'd throw this one out there to get people opinions. Cheers.

Adamant

Quote from: browncow1 on February 11, 2013, 03:19:00 AM

I agree. I was just trying a few differnt setups, and thought I'd throw this one out there to get people opinions. Cheers.

If you're keen on Scooter, mabye go him over Cotchin and use the cash elsewhere? just a thought.

browncow1

Quote from: Adamant on February 11, 2013, 03:22:32 AM
Quote from: browncow1 on February 11, 2013, 03:19:00 AM

If you're keen on Scooter, mabye go him over Cotchin and use the cash elsewhere? just a thought.

I've thought about that. Will just have to wait and see how the Eagles use Selwood in the NBA cup with the addition of Wellingham etc.

Jukes

Stanley 93, Cotchin 116, Byrnes 77
vs
Pearce 80, Selwood 97, Christensen 83

vs

Option (a) easily. Even if my mental maths is slightly off, it'd still win.