Bartel Vs Martin

Started by dano_monaz, February 10, 2013, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dano_monaz

I keep tossing up between the 2. I'm personally leaning towards D-mart but just concerned about his consistency.
Im also leaving Stevie J out of the equation just again with the consistency factor!

tor01doc

Last 2 years

Scores under 80 / scores over 100 / scores in the nineties
Bartel 5 / 19 / 11
Martin 16 / 15 / 8

Bartel by a long way on these stats.

Jroo

Dusty Martin.
Martin is one the up and Bartel is on the decline.
Chocco Williams has been great for Dusty and he's had a big per season.
Bartel won't play as much in the middle and Dusty is a lot cheaper, so yeah I'd go for Dusty

tor01doc

Haven't we all been burnt by his Ppp pp potential!?

dano_monaz

upthemaidens

Bartel is in his Autumn years, Martin should improve.
Bartel WONT play every game(never does), Martin should play every game.

Tough one,, is neither an option?  :)

dano_monaz

haha yeah i guess just not too sure who else to replace either with!
I just haven't seen enough from wright to lock him in at F2/3
I've already got rocklift so i dont want to have zorko aswell in the forward line.
Just a huge mind F*&k atm!

jimmytigs

upthemaidens

Quote from: dano_monaz on February 11, 2013, 12:23:00 AM
haha yeah i guess just not too sure who else to replace either with!
I just haven't seen enough from wright to lock him in at F2/3
I've already got rocklift so i dont want to have zorko aswell in the forward line.
Just a huge mind F*&k atm!
Look they are both fine picks, dont worry too much.  Wait to see NAB and you'll find your structure will change because such and such doesnt get named rd.1 or whatever.
      Bartel was a unique pick last year for a midfielder, now that hes Fwd/mid  it would seem a good pick.
Martin last year was very annoying, would get 70 pts. in first half of a game than just stop and do nothing.
        I think Bartel has to be the safer pick, unless Martin improves his average by 5 pts minimum he wont be in the top 10 forwards.

blue

stevie j will score more than them both

MTTY

Martin in my opinion. Has more upside then Bartel, who is likely to continue as a role player, with possibly continual drops in scoring.

ronl

ando_10

stevie j 100% if you dont have him and have the money

quinny88

Dmart. Due to break out and he's 50k cheaper

pikla

although he frustrated the hell out of me last year i'd still go Martin, is only going to get better and Bartel, IMO, is past his best and in a team that are arguably beggining a rebuild