DT Talk Thread #2 - Players you should avoid at the start!

Started by Kodboys, February 10, 2013, 11:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodboys

Many people have picked certain players from last year who dominated, but which ones should you be avoiding at the start? Here are a few!

1.Dale Thomas: WHATT? Thomas?? No way mate! He's a gun. Well yeah he is, but last time i checked, he still has abit of injury problems, and although they say it may be "ok" for the start.. i personally wouldn't risk him into the team, and if you do remember he is worth good money to risk. I'd wait till probably round 4-5 depending on how he goes really.

2.Luke Ball: This is because I've heard that luke ball wouldn't be risked at the start! So better place someone else for a couple of games then when he is in the squad, well personally i'd wait to see how he plays his first game then see if he is worth puting in the team but for now, if you have a lot of money left, I'd put him on the bench and place the likes of Viney and O'meara till he is called up!

3.Hamish Mcintosh: Still sidelined, though is said to play in first round, I'd say they won't play him till later on aswell.. the guy is on a special program which tells you he isn't ready.. and knowing Maccy if he is put into the squad early on i'd say expect another injury .. not long term.. but it'll take a few games off for him.

4.Brent Stanton: Personally, I'm not sold on the guy, he is a fantastic player, but Imo i wouldn't even place him in my squad at any point.. For his price over 500k and If Stanton gets tagged it's almost like he's not even there.. I'd say Watson is a better choice for just a few exta money!

5.Mark Lecras: I love this player, but for the price they put for him, and especially since he hasn't played footy in 12 months, it's not worth it. After maybe 2-3 games then you can decide but tbh with the forward line that WCE has, i don't think he'd do much at all at the start. Darling is a better choice IMO!

Jukes

You're having a laugh at #4, won't get tagged all season with BJ and Watto there, should go 110+.

My 5 to add onto yours,
1. Naitanui (injury)
2. Cox (injury)
3. Ablett (injury-plagued PS and spud)
4. Broughton (spud)
5. Franklin (spud)

Spud doesn't mean they're a spud btw, just means people are overrating them by a lot.

Kodboys

Quote from: Jukes on February 10, 2013, 11:12:51 PM
You're having a laugh at #4, won't get tagged all season with BJ and Watto there, should go 110+.

My 5 to add onto yours,
1. Naitanui (injury)
2. Cox (injury)
4. Broughton (spud)
5. Franklin (spud)

Spud doesn't mean they're a spud btw, just means people are overrating them by a lot.

Good point, but i don't know, I'm personally not sold on the guy.

And i agree with Franklin .. way overrated.. honestly think if hawks mid would pass the ball more to gunston or breust they'd do better.

Adamant

Quote from: Kodboys on February 10, 2013, 11:16:18 PM
And i agree with Franklin .. way overrated.. honestly think if hawks mid would pass the ball more to gunston or breust they'd do better.

Ahh, what? :o

Kodboys

Quote from: Adamant on February 10, 2013, 11:17:51 PM

Franklin nearly most of the time gets the ball kicked to him. Gunston whom is usually an accurate kick never got the chance IMO he would be a fantastic kick to guy if they passed the ball to him more often. Buddy has those weeks where he's getting 100+ or <60. Too inconsistent. And can i mention the damn Goal/Behind ratio buddy has had last year!

tbagrocks

Yeah Buddy and Gary Ablett are over rated ::) they're certainly aren't in the best three players in the game :P

Escapist

Quote from: Kodboys on February 10, 2013, 11:21:17 PM
Quote from: Adamant on February 10, 2013, 11:17:51 PM

Franklin nearly most of the time gets the ball kicked to him. Gunston whom is usually an accurate kick never got the chance IMO he would be a fantastic kick to guy if they passed the ball to him more often. Buddy has those weeks where he's getting 100+ or <60. Too inconsistent. And can i mention the damn Goal/Behind ratio buddy has had last year!

So I suppose when Gunston does get it kicked more to him, he'll be overrated?
Seriously guys, demand of the ball is part of fantasy output- you cant be overrated fantasy wise because of it.
I agree Franklin might not be worth the price, but overvalued is different from "way overrated"... and not a game last year did Franklin go under 60.

Lastly, doubt Gunston or Breust can have the cieling buddy does.

Jukes

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 10, 2013, 11:33:35 PM
Yeah Buddy and Gary Ablett are over rated ::) they're certainly aren't in the best three players in the game :P

>Dream Team
>AFL

Two totally different things.

elephants

Stanton is only good when jacked up on performance enhancers ala early last season.

He's showerhouse when on a level playing field ala the rest of last season.

>4chan is for tools

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jukes on February 10, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

>Dream Team
>AFL

Have it your way, they are in the best three in their position in DreamTeam by years end

Presto

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 10, 2013, 11:45:09 PM

>Dream Team
>AFL

Have it your way, they are in the best three in their position in DreamTeam by years end
+1
And they have been in the best three for many years.

SydneyRox

>Dream Team
>AFL

but it doesnt mean they are miles apart.

ablett will be the highest scorer at the year end. franklin  would be close if he plays 22 games. stanton will be good but not  top 5

azza707

Quote from: Jukes on February 10, 2013, 11:12:51 PM

My 5 to add onto yours,
1. Naitanui (injury)
2. Cox (injury)
4. Broughton (spud)
5. Franklin (spud)

Cox? pretty sure a dislocated finger will not affect his fitness base, which is the most important thing at this stage of the year. Plus its Cox, he always finds a way of getting up ;) with NicNat in doubt Cox will be at his flying best come round 1

zeddyzed

Agree Stanton is a spud, if he averages 110+ i'll eat my North Melbourne Guernsey

Jukes

Quote from: zeddyzed on February 11, 2013, 10:05:37 PM
Agree Stanton is a spud, if he averages 110+ i'll eat my North Melbourne Guernsey

I'm going to quote this down, then when he does go 110+ I will pm you.